Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum, I'm from Guatemala, please I need help with my buddy's car...this is his only car and what he can afford.

Here is the story, my buddy was on his 2000 Ford focus 2.0 sohc , automatic, in a light hill on traffic, when suddenly his car starts to back up, even when he was on drive , so he goes to first gear and revs the engine , and the engine revs normal , but no response from the transmission, he stop the car, and shut the engine down... Then... Nothing... He tried to start the engine and nothing , it only cranks... get towed by another friend... We tried to start his car but nothing.. just the same.. it only cranks... Tow it to my garage, make a few tests , we have spark , we got fuel (my ibd scanner says the line got 46 psi, and we pinch the line and we get a shot of fuel.. ) I clean the crankshaft sensor, I checked the maf , and nothing... It only cranks and cranks.. I even tried to start it with starting fluid and nothing. No codes..

Like one year ago we change the fuel pressure sensor, and we bypass the fuel pump with a relay to the fuel pcm (the one that is under the back sit) , it looks like it was getting low voltage, I don't think it's the fuel pump again.. But I'm lost, I don't know what else to test, and that part when the car was backing up on the hill and the transmission didn't engaged got me lost. Please help... Any opinions or ideas would be helpful.

Sorry , my English is not the best, if I loose you in any part let me know. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Possible the timing belt broke. You can look into the valve cover and see if those parts are moving while the engine is being turned over.

Don't know about the transmission.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the starter don't sound faster, like when you loose the timing chain or belt, but I didn't check that.. I'm going to , any more ideas? Please :s

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Compression check. Those engines are bad about dropping the valve seats.

Can't help with the transmission I've never experienced automatic transmission failure.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:s I was expecting a fail on a sensor hahaha but it looks like "el pitufo/ the smurf"(yeah it's a blue focus) is down for real

1 - 5 of 5 Posts