Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post. I am picking up my 2004 Focus SVT tomorrow [:D]

I opted for the audiophile package. Will I be able to play MP3s on this system (6-disc cd player)? It is clearly stated that the single CD player will also play MP3s, but I'm not sure about the 6-disc CD changer!

It would be a bummer to pay all this money for the audio upgrade and then not be able to play MP3s.

Can't wait to pick up my SVT!

BTW it's screaming yellow [thumb]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The 6 disc doesn't play mp3s. I thought it what supposed to so I got mine replaced. It sill didn't play mp3s with the new head.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Infra3sv, did you replace it with the Blaupunkt single CD/P3 player that comes standard?

If I switched to the single disc unit would I lose anything in terms of sound quality/output? I can fit >100 MP3s on a single Cd, better than 6 CDs any day!

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
well by playing mp3's you automaticly lose quality, the best thing to do is play store-bought cd's, but they are expensive and i assume by 6 cd's you were planning on using all cd's made up of mp3's. so either way it doens't matter. the difference of quality between the two hu's won't be noticable (i can almost guarentee it).

- Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bro has a 2003 ZX5, hit a bump and busted his 6-disc changer. Wants to downgrade to the single disc/MP3 option. Not sure if that head unit has the output for the sub-woofer or not. Will everything plug right up? Thanks

-B

·
Registered
711 Posts
grats on the car just got my 04 ZX5 SVT Euro package a couple weeks ago in screaming Yellow....man I get so many people starring at me [:0]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
04SVT - Thanks!

I love the yellow SVT, it looks kick-ass with those wheels. I wish I had... oh wait, I have one just like it ;-) I got the 3 door though. I love this car more and more each day ;-)

Congrats on YOUR new ride.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
gwalshe said:
Infra3sv, did you replace it with the Blaupunkt single CD/P3 player that comes standard?

If I switched to the single disc unit would I lose anything in terms of sound quality/output? I can fit >100 MP3s on a single Cd, better than 6 CDs any day!
No. I hear it would be cheaper to get an aftermarket mp3 player than it would be to get the Ford MP3 player.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts