Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last weekend I got to play in my buddies 2006 ZX3 while trying to teach him that hard on the gas and brakes makes a huge difference. Especially chucking it in. Anyways ill post the video at the end of the post. Anyways I was curious what poeple were using for a tire in H street. Right now he is one some sumitumos that are made of bottle caps, trash bags, or who knows what.

I was curious what people are running tire wise. My miata has the Dunlop Z2 and I love them. The focus is a weird size as 195/60/15 is not a coomon size. On top of that a 58-59mph second gear is short and going to something like a 195-50-15, 195-55-15 or 205-50-15 is going to lose 2-4mph. The best size seems to be the 195-55-15. However with the new rules we could go to a 16x6 which would open up some 205-50-16 tires. So I was curious what you H street guys are running. We already added a rear sway bar and plan to keep it in stock class. I like the z2 but the new rs3 is nice as well. Heck anything is better than the sumitumos. Any ideas.

Also here was the fun. Let me know what you think.

Owner of the car driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ca78lVkKYo&list=UUfj8I4ik2WaGMNtTBGt8rkQ

My fastest run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR17ByClAqA&list=UUfj8I4ik2WaGMNtTBGt8rkQ

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am in a 06 ST and I am running in the FSP class. I decided to go with an underdog tire and try out Federal 595. It has a 240 UTQG rating. The tire sticks out a little ways past the rim to offer some protection for the rim. I am also on 17 EAP wheels. My first Autox was in the rain and these tires did awesome. My next Autox is in two weeks and I hope it is in the dry. It should also be a fast course since we are doing it on a race track.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been running the Hankook RS3 on the stock 16 inch rims on my 2001 ZX3 and really like them. I use 225/50/16. Great tire, great grip, good price. You'll need to adjust your air pressure to suit your car set up. With the stock ZX3 suspension, I ran 83 psi front & 78 psi in the rear. With the SVT suspension the pressure is down to 63 front & 58 rear. With the new rim & tire rules, I'm considering what to do when these tires need replacement. Its all about what tire sizes are available in each rim size. I'm always looking for the widest tire with the shortest height. BTW, I run an ATX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts