Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i just got the SD coil and livewires.... now i want to know what the diff. is between platnium and copper spark plugs and what would be best to run with these!! (name brands would help too!!)

thanks,
matt[thumb]

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I always used the stockers gapped at .60

Keeps the spark hotter...if you go to a copper or iridium it'll bring the heat range back down a scosche..

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
You dont need the SD coil and wires to be able to open the gap on your plus... the stock setup will support upto and well OVER a .060 gap.....

I hate to say this but you just wasted 150 bucks on the junky coil and wire setup....

You guys REALLY need to use the search button more often...

PS and before any says it.... a DYNO has a "fudge factor" of around 5hp... you cant say accuratly that that you saw a 3hp gain an ANY dyno... so dont even start that line of shit.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
BTW Copper plugs provide a MUCH better spark over platinum plugs.... the ONLY reason the factory uses platinum plugs is they last longer then copper plugs.

MotorCraft AZFS22C f4 plugs are what you're looking for.

One more thing... if you're going to upgrade anypart of your ignition start with the FRPP wires. With those and a stock coil I have seen well over 500whp in a Focus.

·
Registered
478 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
BTW Copper plugs provide a MUCH better spark over platinum plugs.... the ONLY reason the factory uses platinum plugs is they last longer then copper plugs.

MotorCraft AZFS22C f4 plugs are what you're looking for.

One more thing... if you're going to upgrade anypart of your ignition start with the FRPP wires. With those and a stock coil I have seen well over 500whp in a Focus.
uhm..ROFL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts