Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing my front rotors (I have the BAT Inc. front kit which uses 300mm front rotors, same as the SVT), and I'm looking for plated standard (not dimpled/cross-drilled/slotted) rotors. The EBC rotors that came with the brake kit have worked well, but they rust on any unswept area, even after being painted. I posted this same thread about three months ago and got a reply with a link, but that thread has since worked its way out of the system.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I got cheapo drilled and slotted ones off ebay for $65.00...they are nickel plated and they don't rust bast when rain gets on them.....the centers never rust, after I brake once the outside goes clean again

as long as you get ones that say they are "plated" you should be ok

why not just get new ford ones, and have them plated....I don't think they make ones like stock plated.....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The coating is zinc which will turn a greyish white color after a while. Trust me, my bro has it on his rotors and it looks hideous! If your car isn't a show car, pass on the coating and deal with the rust!

If anything, paint the area that doesn't get swept by the pad with some high temp paint - preferably black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts