Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I have moved, I have been very bored. Very very bored. So I decided to dabble around with the car a bit. First off, I had the SAP rear diffuser mated to my SVT bumper. Only problem is, it flapped around when I drove down the road. I made a few brackets for the passanger side and drivers side. I have not seen any pics on anyones brackets for the SVT/ SAP diffuser so here is what I did...

Were I mounted the passanger side bracket on the car ( I used the 2 holes on the diffuser to mount to the bracket)

No the prettiest thing on the face of the planet but it does the job. Hi-temp black paint to boot. haha..

Next was the drivers side. I mounted to two bolts to the tow hook which I really was not keen about doing. Due to time and not wanting to drill holes in the car, I just said screw it and attached it there...

Eh....

Over all, the rear diffuser is 100% more sturdy than before. It worked out perfectly.

Next up is the Ford GT Start button. I piced this up from Mike two days ago. It was sitting at my doorstep yesterday and I threw that on. Used his wiring how to and worked out great. Took like 30 mins to install including sodering. The thing that took the longest was getting the damn OEM cig lighter out of there. lol.

Next item of business is the new plate. In NC, they just started out these new plates. THe letters are not raised like normal which kind of pissed me off but whatever.

Last but not least is some exterior shots. My dad buffed it about 2 weeks ago and I am really happy on how it came out. There were some acid rain marks on the hood and roof but they all came out. I decided to tint the windows myself and I can only say that it was a learning experiance. Next time I need tint, I am taking it to a shop. Talk about a pain in the ass but it came out really well IMO. No bubbles, dirt or any other type of junk under the tint. It is the Gila brand tint at 20%. Since I went overkill on the drop, the tint had to be overkill as well, no? lol.

Snuggled away with the GXP.

Thanks for looking!

-spatakula

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Like I told you before, this is exactly what I was wanting to do with my SAP defuser. Mad props to you!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Damn, I love that car! I wouldn't change a single thing about the exterior. Its perfect.
That drop is sick too. Very nicely done man. Glad to have you on this site.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You car is one of the best I have seen on this website. Major props.
Wow thanks. But I disagree.

What are you lowered on by the way?
Ford Racing K&W Variant 1 Coilovers with LCR race plates up front. I like the drop but the CFM highflow sits wayyyy to close to the ground and it now cracked and leaky from smacking it off of stuff. :/ I was thinking of doing an ORP but I dont know. I was looking at the RT highflow also just because it is not a behemoth in circumference. Every spare inch counts. haha.

dude spat!! where the hell have u been bud? why dont u post on f-i anymore? i thought u might have gotten rid of ur svt but doesnt look like it. lol.

lookin awesome as always bro! love ur svt!!
YO! I have been around. No real reason for not posting on F-I which is stupid I know. I used to post on there all of the time because it was the only focus forum that wasn't blocked at work.... lol. Glad to see you are still kickin' hehe

tint the tails and youll be golden. very nice clean focus man. i like it
I had them tinted at one time but I didn't really like the way it looked. There was too much black in the back end and the tailights kinda dissapeared into wierd body line. haha.

Thanks again for the nice words.

-spatakula

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
i love your car.. the push start is tight!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts