Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg

I plastidipped my wheels on my Focus to try and cover up the chipping paint on the wheels. I really liked the color of the wheels before but they were getting really bad so I decided I had to paint them. I didn't want to do black so I went with grey expecting them to be darker but then when I finished painting them they came out a lot lighter than I thought. I just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think about the look. I don't think it's terrible and I'm thinking about doing some red accents on them as well. Let me know what you think.

(Sorry about the upside down picture... For whatever reason it uploaded upside down. Just hold your computer upside down and that should help.)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
If you ever go to peel that dip off, you'll be sorry. It will peel the rest of the actual paint off as well.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I did this on my stock wheels last winter. I had one wheel with paint and clearcoat problems. The plastidip ruined that wheel entirely and I'm currently in the process of sanding, spraying filler primer, and sanding some more. It's really hard to get them smooth again so the paint won't show imperfections. But it will be worth it.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
I've dipped four sets of wheels now (not to mention a bunch of other painted parts) and have NEVER had any paint issues when removing it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've had it come off with no problems as well. Just wasn't the case with the one wheel.

·
Registered
183 Posts
View attachment 63969

I plastidipped my wheels on my Focus to try and cover up the chipping paint on the wheels. I really liked the color of the wheels before but they were getting really bad so I decided I had to paint them. I didn't want to do black so I went with grey expecting them to be darker but then when I finished painting them they came out a lot lighter than I thought. I just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think about the look. I don't think it's terrible and I'm thinking about doing some red accents on them as well. Let me know what you think.

(Sorry about the upside down picture... For whatever reason it uploaded upside down. Just hold your computer upside down and that should help.)
For a second i though you liked your focus on its roof!!!?? [ohcrap]

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I would dip them again in black, it'll match better. You can just dip over the current color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts