Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to get my grille whiskers, fog bezels, and Focus emblem to match my dark stainless wheels (SE Appearance Package), would the PlastiDip Smoke be a good way to darken them without eliminating all of the shine of the chrome?

Also, if I decided I didn't like the final result or wanted to get her back to stock, is the Smoke removable like regular PlastiDip?

I just really think those pieces smoked to look like the wheels would look great with the Ingot Silver, but don't want them to lose the metallic shine... I was thinking this smoked chrome look can be achieved via a couple of light coats of the Smoke.

The original thought was to get some dark chrome spray paint, but that is darker than the wheels and not removable...

·
Registered
103 Posts
The smoke is removable like all of the other plasti-dip products, but from what I understand it's thinner than the others. If you only put a couple of light coats on it'll be tough to peel off. with Plasti-dip, more is better...

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
^^^ it would be tough to match, and what he said. They do have actual grey plastidipp. Might be closer to the grey of the wheels. I used it on a crown vic once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts