Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm wanting the (fake) chrome off my car and was wondering how you guys were plastidipping the chrome 'whiskers' on the upper grill. Just tape it off or do they pop out? I've never put plastidip on a car but I dont see any other options for the upper grill.
Thanks

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
i just masked them off and sprayed them on the car. I dont know if they can be easily removed.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks yall. When it's warm enough to actually do it I will pull the grill and look. Just wanting to see if someone beat me to it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I put black vynl over mine.
Sorry to be off topic, but can I see a rear shot of your car with the wing.. I ran one for a while, and hadn't seen anyone else do it.. Mines not on at the moment..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thats the best shot ive got of it right now.
Thanks.. That's almost in the GT range of height! :)

Here is what mine looked like.. I have since removed it.. I actually like the look, but not with the stock rims..

At the moment..

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
i actually kind of like it with the stock wheels, just needs more low!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Yeah man, just go ahead, take your time taping it off, surround it by newspaper just to be safe and catch the overspray. Do light coats, 3-4, blah blah blah, glossifier, Booom magic!

When you do it, make sure the temp is warmish when you are doing it, to get the best results for it.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol it will be awhile before it's warm again. I'm tired of this single digit temp nonsense. I'll need to find some glossifier somewhere. I have 2 cans of black and 1 white already though. Bought them a year ago and never used em.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
I had to buy mine off of amazon or think lowes or like autozone has it actually.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oooh maybe if I order some glossifier I'll get some anthracite (gray) too, to do it instead of black...? I can always change it later.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ok thanks yall. When it's warm enough to actually do it I will pull the grill and look. Just wanting to see if someone beat me to it.
you don't have to pull the grill, done mine about 2 years ago just take your time, you don't have to reglue them after(makes t easier for touchups ) there stay in place by themselves, also did fog light bezelshttp://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4806375&highlight=#post4806375 link to my profile picturehttp://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=101095

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts