Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I wonder if you can help.

A dew weeks ago the plastic triangle section just in front of the drivers side wing mirror fell off my 58 plate focus, leaving a rather ugly metal section.

I've been looking online for a replacement part but not finding anything. Does anyone kbow the part number or where I may be able to get this?

I will try and get a picture up later.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Andy

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I don't really know what part you are talking about (a picture will help when you're able to get it up) but a good place to start for finding a replacement part is a car salvage yard (junk yard). You can usually find anything you want at a very good price.

·
Registered
302 Posts
He is probably talking about that ugly chrome fake vent things they put on each front side of the 08. I have those on mine as well, and I sure do wish mine would fall off also!. I tried to buy a pair of 09 side panels that came without these darn things, at full price, but the dealer said they don't sell those body parts. Even though there is not a scratch in my vista blue paint, or dent in my whole car, I would gladly trash my two front body panels in the dumpster just to get rid of those ugly fake vent things and pay for the 09 ones to be painted at the dealer as well!.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Can you give us a little more info?
sounds like you got your self a model we (U.S.) are not sure about, but we will help all we can.

Bob

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
What year is your "58"?
I am looking through the Ebay.co.uk site and need to narrow it down to the year or years.

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
578 Posts
he used the term "wing". thats a UK term.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Kent, UK to be exact. That's why I was looking on the eBay UK site. I just need to know if its a mk3 or not.

If you are looking for the top cap of the wing mirror, there are quite a few on eBay.co.uk, just search for Ford Focus Mk3 mirror cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts