Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning FF! I want to plasti dip my wheels but I need some advice on the color... I have an ingot silver hatch and I don't know if I want to go black white or gunmetal! I'm curious to see what every thinks or if any other ingot silver owners have painted their wheels! Thanks!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I think I've only seen plasti dipped wheels on here once. I'd probably go white or black if I were you.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Black would look cool, so would a bronze.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
white will be way to hard to keep clean. The black will be more of a matte finish, so it won't be that real deep black unless you glossify it. I have used the gunmetal grey on certain crown vic trim pieces, and it looks really nice. It might be a tad boring with the silver color? Granted that is coming from the guy who had a silver mk1 ST with 02 SVT wheels and wanted to get the dark argent EAP wheels. The only problem with plastidipped wheels is if you get new tires the shop will ruin the dip, and I don't know about car washes.

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
I like white, but from experience, dip can be hard to keep clean on your wheels...

·
Registered
500 Posts
i did my 02 svt wheels with blk dip and like someone else said even with the glossifier they are not a deep black and all the sand sticks to them , i actually took mine off to do them because i wanted the insides/back sides to be black also ,as you can see thru the svt 5 spokes i did like 4 coats front & back + 3 glossifier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts