Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says i have a bunch of LEDs laying around that i want to put in the door pockets and the ones in the backseats of my ZX3. so im just wondering the best way to run the wires etc. im probably gunna take power from the wires that backlight the shift plate thing under the center console. im thinking the back is going to be a pain to run the wires. and while im at it i might do the door handles. anyone whos tried this wanna help me out?

·
Registered
897 Posts
not sure what your talking about with the shift plate thing under the center console but wiring shouldnt be tooo bad. When i hooked up my gauges i ran power from the headlight/fog light harness. Then as soon as you turned on the running lights my gauges would light up. Was nice not to have any switches. Just run the wires with the harness thats in the door jam. The pop the door panel off and there ya go. Same with the back. Run the wires under the carpet near door jam and pop those panels off too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
dont know if yours is the same as mine but the wiring harness for the door, is a molex plug, instead of just wires running through loom......just a thought

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Make it easy on yourself.....no need to run extra wires into the doors. There are several wires at the window switches, that receive current when the ignition is on. Your door pocket LEDs will be lighted up all the time when the ign is on....but won't bother you in the day-time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts