Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i looked a focus se up on the net to see how much horses my baby has and a 2.0 liter zetec sohc said it was pushin 110. my car has 2.0 zetec but dohc and it said it was pushing 130 (without my exhaust and intake) is this right??? does the dohc have more horses... I also looked focuses up on carmax and it said the horsepower was 110 but they were all sohc...
Confused

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
looks like the sites were wrong the zetec is DOHC and the SPI is SOHC has for horsepower they were right the SOHC has 110hp and the DOHC has 130 now for actully dynoing them the sohc will be more consistent has the dohc they dyno differently because the cam timing is different from motor to motor some dyno higher than others here a link you should check out it has everything the zetec owner needs to know about the zetec and mods just type in ford focus in there search engine and look through it for the project focus parts 1-4 here is a link to get you started.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0105scc_project_ford_focus_zx3_part_1/index.html

·
Registered
197 Posts
The article is a decent start point. The only problem is it's 5 years old so some of the information is out of date. Mainly the parts that are available. Also keep in mind those numbers are to the crank when most people talk about to the wheels since that's what you get with a chasis dyno. I think the base for the Zetec to the wheels is around 110 depending on tranny and factory cam tune.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
swk110 said:
The article is a decent start point. The only problem is it's 5 years old so some of the information is out of date. Mainly the parts that are available. Also keep in mind those numbers are to the crank when most people talk about to the wheels since that's what you get with a chasis dyno. I think the base for the Zetec to the wheels is around 110 depending on tranny and factory cam tune.

All of the parts are still aviable. Has for the zetec to the wheels each one is different. Has for crank number yaeh a 130 is at the crank at the wheels its depends on the camtimming which would mean that actul crank numbers would be different too. Has for auto and 5 speed comparisions of course the auto will dyno lower than the 5 speed. Has for the info being outdated nothing has change on the zetec so I don't see how the info is outdated the zetec is outdated compared to the duratec. [:)]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live near a performance store could i have them race tune my car?? (cam timing and all that other good stuff that is too confusing to type) lol

·
Registered
958 Posts
yeah but you should do it on a dyno since that would be the most helpful and easiest way to do it

·
Registered
197 Posts
"All of the parts are still aviable... so I don't see how the info is outdated"

I was referring to the parts that are available as in there are a heck of a lot more today than in 2001. Especially when it comes to CARB stuff.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
swk110 said:
"All of the parts are still aviable... so I don't see how the info is outdated"

I was referring to the parts that are available as in there are a heck of a lot more today than in 2001. Especially when it comes to CARB stuff.

diffrent brand names yeah but I get what your saying.

Has for tuning the cam gears a dyno is a must.

·
Registered
420 Posts
agreed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts