Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2008 sedan and I need somewhere to hide my spare key. I have a little case that has a magnet and I was planning on placing it in one of the wheel wells but the wells are plastic. Any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Dad taught me a trick: tape it to the back of my license plate.
I try to make sure that my plate is held on with only two screws, with slots, so that I should be able to find something to help remove the screws. If I cannot remove the screws, I can bend the license plate.
While I don't really want to bend the plate, it is generally less expensive to replace a license plate than to pay for someone to unlock the car.
Just an option.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Dad taught me a trick: tape it to the back of my license plate.
I try to make sure that my plate is held on with only two screws, with slots, so that I should be able to find something to help remove the screws. If I cannot remove the screws, I can bend the license plate.
While I don't really want to bend the plate, it is generally less expensive to replace a license plate than to pay for someone to unlock the car.
Just an option.
That's not a bad idea. I could use some duck tape and keep it in the car when I need to replace it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If your car has keyless entry, I have to put in a plug for Ford OEM Part ES7Z-14A626-A Keyless Entry Keypad.

Ford Mustang F150 F250 Explorer Focus Keyless Entry Door Number Key Pad OEM | eBay

There are threads about it on here I think. This part is an update of an earlier part. This one is a little less chunky and bulky. Unpainted, its not exactly pretty installed next to your door handle, but I put mine under my rearview mirror. I've read that some people put them inside the fuel filler door, or under the bumper or inside the grill.

Works great. I just keep a spare key inside the car, and leave my set of keys when I do recreational stuff, clubbing, or whenever I don't feel like carrying a bulky set of keys in my pocket. Its far more useful than I thought it would be.

I got mine at a discount because I had an eBay promo code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts