Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im taking bets on what i will put down on the dyno next week. car has approx 80k miles on it and has all mods listed in sig. im going to start the betting at 135hp, 133 tq...

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
What kind of "diet" is she on..are we talking south beach? Or Atkins? Or is she full on anorexic? I'm gonna bet you'll pull 128/125.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spare/jack, decklid cover, rear hatch carpet, rear seats, rear speakers all gone...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Weight does not affect the motor's output.

·
Registered
484 Posts
but he was asked what has he done and his response was what he has taken out...that would make it assume he thought it would add more to his motor

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you... im not a friggin moron. i know weight will not affect what i put down.. i was responding to the first reply when asked what was removed...anyways, any more guesses?

·
Registered
53 Posts
just curious does the svt head kit have a different throttle body? 125,125

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
122 / hp & 118 / tq. would be my guess, sorry it's not more optamistic, but you don't have that many modds on there yet! do post your results for us though[thumb]

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
What motor do you have the 2.0 Zetec or the 2.3? I would assume you have the 2.0 with a 5 speed. And you are talking wheel hp.
I would say 126 hp and 124 tq.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Greg01 said:
just curious does the svt head kit have a different throttle body? 125,125
headER not head.. as in exhaust.. nothing to do with throttle body

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Godzukidan said:
What motor do you have the 2.0 Zetec or the 2.3? I would assume you have the 2.0 with a 5 speed. And you are talking wheel hp.
I would say 126 hp and 124 tq.
read sig...[?|]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok guys i got the results... and the verdict is.... drumroll please..........................................................

116.8 hp with 134.3 tq... dyno will be posted as soon as it is e-mailed to me.. all this at a steady 13.1-13.2 a/f ratio on my 93 octane tune...fairly pleased with results... wish the hp was higher but im content with where its at.....for now.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
also weird that your tq is higher than the hp being a 4 cyl.....usually only large bore 4 cyls do that....i.e. 2.5l like the vw or nissan

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
or Duratec 2.3...I am surprised your torque is higher..especially by like 20%! That's a fat gap! How many times was it dyno tested? Either way must be quick off the line

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
wow you have almost as much torque as i do, thats pretty good

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
turbovation said:
or Duratec 2.3...I am surprised your torque is higher..especially by like 20%! That's a fat gap! How many times was it dyno tested? Either way must be quick off the line
I find this much difference to be quite unusual, even for my 2.3.

I had my ST dynoed at the same time as AutoOutcast's, and I think my numbers were "off" as well (127hp/142 torque). I have posted my results on another thread:

"Dynapack" dyno numbers in!

So, any ideas guys as to why there would have been so much difference between the hp/torque numbers?

It doesn't seem "right", don't you think?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts