Focus Fanatics Forum banner

301 - 305 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
So awesome! Great to see it landed in your hand a few years ago and you've finally got her back on the road! I knew I should have never sold it. The buy who bought it from me wrecked it as soon as they got behind the wheel!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
So awesome! Great to see it landed in your hand a few years ago and you've finally got her back on the road! I knew I should have never sold it. The buy who bought it from me wrecked it as soon as they got behind the wheel!

Well it’s in good hands now. Once it gets polished it should hopefully look brand new. I’m thinkin I won’t get to that till the spring time tho. I’m so excited it’s running again. It’s been so long but so rewarding now that it’s back. Driving it along Woodward Saturday was such an awesome feeling of accomplishment for me.

I got some great pictures of it where I used to work(which is vacant now). It spun the bearings a few miles after leaving and I wanted it to leave that place on a good note for my own little reasons.

My buddy met me there with his mustang so we could go cruise. He just got his coil overs installed last month and it’s sitting really nice now.

Side note, fixing the AC has been bumped to a higher priority next year. Not having that and driving thru some heavy rain with the windows up Saturday night sucked. It was toasty inside lol

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Original filter will have a mark. This is the one I pulled off my 164k SVT.

I don’t remember if there was that marking on the filter I pulled off the car and it’s already been tossed. Thanks for the info tho

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Checking in again! Car has been running quite well so far. I believe I’ve put around 800mi on it since the swap. Still having a weird power loss/sputter that lasts maybe 10-20seconds or so every time I drive the car. It’s only a minor inconvenience and I still think it’s O2 sensor related. Will chase that in in the spring.

The car got a good wash again not long ago. I’m dying to polish it but that’s a project saved for the springtime. I need something like that to look forward to coming out of the gloomy Michigan winter.

It hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows tho lol. I did managed to lose 5th and 6th gear yesterday. Luckily I was off the freeway and almost to work. I took a nice scenic route along the bay/river home which was nice for a change. I haven’t been thru that way in a long time and I honestly didn’t mind the longer drive. But cruising along in 4th at 45ish mph probably destroyed my fuel economy this tank LOL. Last tank I managed just under 29mpg and I wasn’t trying at all. Regardless I’ll have to mess with the linkage to find the problem. Hopefully it’s something simple. I’m just glad I didn’t lose all the gears and have to have it towed home.

Its so nice to have both cars around. It puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel of this little car

301 - 305 of 305 Posts