Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The Pirelli Cinturato Strada, a Discount Tire exclusive tire, delivers all-season performance, responsive handling, and a smooth, quiet ride. With its dense siping pattern, the Cinturato Strada delivers excellent all-season grip. Its asymmetric tread design places more rubber at the outside shoulder to deliver highly responsive control in turns. The optimized pitch sequencing and angled lateral grooves cancel out road noise for a pleasant ride that’s backed by a 70,000-mile limited treadwear warranty. If you want luxury, all-season performance, the Pirelli Cinturato Strada is the tire for you.

Pirelli Cinturato Strada
UTQG: 700 A, A
Warranty: 70,000 Miles

Click here for: Pirelli Cinturato Strada Pricing and Availability

-KEY FEATURES-

• All-Season traction
  • Responsive handling
  • Smooth, quiet ride

-MEDIA-

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
How does this compare to the P7? Since the Strada is a DT exclusive, it's hard to find reviews of it anywhere :/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does this compare to the P7? Since the Strada is a DT exclusive, it's hard to find reviews of it anywhere :/
The Strada and P7 Plus are very comparable. Both utilize similar tread patterns with high sipe density and utilize similar internal construction. Main difference is the Strada's rubber compound does not have some of the fuel efficiency properties that the P7 Plus has.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The Strada and P7 Plus are very comparable. Both utilize similar tread patterns with high sipe density and utilize similar internal construction. Main difference is the Strada's rubber compound does not have some of the fuel efficiency properties that the P7 Plus has.
Thanks! Why would someone pick the Strada over the P7 if they're basically the same and the P7 has better fuel efficiency properties?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Why would someone pick the Strada over the P7 if they're basically the same and the P7 has better fuel efficiency properties?
Price would be the main reason, but also stopping distance. It's my understanding that the Strada provides a little better wet and dry braking over the P7 Plus.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Price would be the main reason, but also stopping distance. It's my understanding that the Strada provides a little better wet and dry braking over the P7 Plus.
Looks like they're the same price for the 14 Focus--I'll be picking up a set during your (anticipated) black friday sale! Can't wait! I recall in prior years that actually beat your guys' big July 4th sale (usually $75-100 rebate from DT and $60 rebate or so from Pirelli).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like they're the same price for the 14 Focus--I'll be picking up a set during your (anticipated) black friday sale! Can't wait! I recall in prior years that actually beat your guys' big July 4th sale (usually $75-100 rebate from DT and $60 rebate or so from Pirelli).
I'm no sure what's in-store for BlackFriday, but we look forward to helping you then!

Thank you for your support [thumb]

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm no sure what's in-store for BlackFriday, but we look forward to helping you then!

Thank you for your support [thumb]
One more thing, if you don't mind.

There's Discount Tire, Discount Tire Direct, and America's Tire (which I think is just DT rebranded in CA).

Is there a difference in terms of benefits/services offered between each vendor I purchase from?

What about if I buy off the DT ebay store? Does that change anything regarding benefits and rebates?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more thing, if you don't mind.

There's Discount Tire, Discount Tire Direct, and America's Tire (which I think is just DT rebranded in CA).

Is there a difference in terms of benefits/services offered between each vendor I purchase from?

What about if I buy off the DT ebay store? Does that change anything regarding benefits and rebates?
Discount Tire Direct is the mail order division of Discount Tire | America's Tire. We are known in parts of California as America's Tire. Pricing is usually about the same (will vary some from region to region of course) and all rebates and promotions are the same. Main difference, DTD can not install tires, unless buying tires and wheels. However, if you purchase through us via mail order, installation through one of our brick and mortar locations is the same cost at $16.00 per corner (plus states fee's and taxes). This price includes lifetime balance and rotation. I should also note that our mail order service only charges sales tax on orders shipping to AZ, TX, OH, and GA.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wish the load rating on the 215/55-16 size was 93 like the stock Focus 16" tire. I bought a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus from Discount a few years ago, only to have the store swap them for a set of Michelins about a half hour later because of the jarring ride the 97 load rating caused.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I wish the load rating on the 215/55-16 size was 93 like the stock Focus 16" tire. I bought a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus from Discount a few years ago, only to have the store swap them for a set of Michelins about a half hour later because of the jarring ride the 97 load rating caused.
Can you elaborate? I'm not too well-versed on load ratings and the Cinturato P7 is exactly what I was going to replace my stock tires with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you elaborate? I'm not too well-versed on load ratings and the Cinturato P7 is exactly what I was going to replace my stock tires with.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoLoadIndex.do

The load rating number on the tire is how much weight the tire is rated to handle. The stock size on my 2012 SEL is 215/55-16 93H, which means the tire has a load rating of 93 (or 1433 lbs). The equivalent Cinturato P7 size is 215/55R16 97H XL, which has a load rating of 97 (or 1609 lbs). Essentially, the sidewall is much stronger and made for a much heavier vehicle than the Focus. Even with lower tire pressure the ride was choppy and very rough compared to my stock tires.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Essentially, the sidewall is much stronger and made for a much heavier vehicle than the Focus. Even with lower tire pressure the ride was choppy and very rough compared to my stock tires.
I had no idea!

My second option is the Michelin Premier which has a lower load rating, but not by much.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had no idea!

My second option is the Michelin Premier which has a lower load rating, but not by much.
I have a set of Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus on my car now. They grip well, ride well, and are very quiet. Best all-around tire I've ever owned in 25 years of driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts