Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the SEPT 2003 Car Audio and Electronics magazine, they tested the Pioneer Premier TS-W2000 SPL Sub and they loved it. I have never really liked Pioneer subs. I meet a friend of a friend tonight that had one in his car with a clean 1000watts to it. The sub handles 750 RMS and 2000 peak. It was the best subwoofer I have ever heard hands down. The MSRP is 250 but on www.mmexpress.com I found it for 144.95.

If you can find a shop with one, Give it a listen. SERIOUSLY!

·
Registered
34 Posts
They do sound good. THe problem is since they are a bigger company and therefore can prics their products cheaper they are deemed inferior to many other products. I have always liked Pioneer subs for the money it's hard to beat them. There were some old paper cone premeir that were like ultra high-end that Jaed Arzedon ran in his civic that were some of the best subs i have ever heard.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i hold pioneer in high regard for all their stuff. their decks are awesome, quite possibly the most durable i've ever seen. doesn't surprise me that their woofers are high quality to. just goes to show that cost is not always proportional to quality. me, i'll just keep running my 5 year old JBL until the thing finally dies (which will most likely be never.)

Mike

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an old Pioneer pull-out when they first came out. I pulled it out one night and dropped it in a puddle. Just to see, without drying it off or out, I put it right back in and it powered up and no short or anything. It was awesome. I found this sub for cheap and like I said about CA&E magazine, they loved it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts