Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
ummmmmmmmmm, what are you whining about, that car is sweet. So you think it looked better busted up huh. Or maybe you are pissed because they didn't add a turbo and a racing exhaust? hahahahaha

The name of the show is PIMP my ride...do a google search, and look at what the old 70's pimps looked like, dressed like. Its all about over the top, being gaudy, flashy and flossing the goods.

The name of the show isn't, tastefully improve my daily driver........damn all you haters!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, its not that, its the pressenter, he's trying to act american... the whole programme feels fake.

doesn't he wind you up?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I feel really bad for places like Europe and Asia. Yeah, I know a lot of you like American culture, but then you have to put up with morons trying to act like the clowns in the rap community here in the US. As if it wasn't fake enough already with the leased cars, leased homes, and leased jewelry in the music videos from the US rappers. Now you have to listen some clown in the UK act all tough when his government doesn't even let him purchase a .22 handgun, let alone an AK. What a joke...

And pimp my ride is a joke. They dump $20k into a vehicle, and don't do shit for the piece of crap powertrain or drivetrain. Real nice... you just helped some kid get a $20k exterior that will be useless when he has to pay $2-$3k to replace his worn out engine or transmission.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
You guys need to go watch PBS, they have car and driver and some other old man engine and comfortable riding car shows for you, hahahahahahahahahahaha

I wish someone would pimp my ride, if I didn't like it, I just got 20,000 in my pocket from selling the ride to someone else.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
zslaton said:
I feel really bad for places like Europe and Asia. Yeah, I know a lot of you like American culture, but then you have to put up with morons trying to act like the clowns in the rap community here in the US. As if it wasn't fake enough already with the leased cars, leased homes, and leased jewelry in the music videos from the US rappers. Now you have to listen some clown in the UK act all tough when his government doesn't even let him purchase a .22 handgun, let alone an AK. What a joke...

And pimp my ride is a joke. They dump $20k into a vehicle, and don't do shit for the piece of crap powertrain or drivetrain. Real nice... you just helped some kid get a $20k exterior that will be useless when he has to pay $2-$3k to replace his worn out engine or transmission.
i think they dont do powertrain and drivetrain for a reason because it'll promote street racing which is something they do not want to be liable for.

·
Registered
178 Posts
and actually if the cars in that bad of shape they will do something about it...

how many times has Xzibit given out brand new cars? and they still pimp it out for them...

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
ummmmmmmmm no, it was actually a joke.......

if you didn't get it, I meant "oh no, but thats something positive about the show, and all we are allowed to mention is negative crap"...

ha

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
zslaton said:
IAnd pimp my ride is a joke. They dump $20k into a vehicle, and don't do shit for the piece of crap powertrain or drivetrain. Real nice... you just helped some kid get a $20k exterior that will be useless when he has to pay $2-$3k to replace his worn out engine or transmission.
I agree with this because when I watch the show I'm always going okay that is all fine and dandy, but what about the engine? If the show intention is to help someone out and fix up their ride, then do it the right way. That includes checking to see what kind of shape the engine or tranny is in and fix it up as well. Nothing fancy, and I'm not talking about a SC or Turbo... Bling it up or something to correspond with the show theme, but for goodness sake why put a set of $10,000 wheels (among other things) on a car that the engine may or may not be on it's last cylinder?!?!?!?

The show only to me only promotes looks are everything. Well okay but what about dependability???????????? Looks aint going to get you no where when your looking good ride is sitting on the side of a highway broken down.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I agree with this because when I watch the show I'm always going okay that is all fine and dandy, but what about the engine?
one again, the name of the show is PIMP MY RIDE!

not sports compact performance, not the autocross show, nothing like that..........since you young bucks have no idea what a real PIMP looks like, or originated from, take a look at these....

starting off with the best pimp of our era.....!!!

Bishop "Don the Magic" Juan

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yeah, I can understand that they don't care about upping the performance, but I haven't even seen them do a tune-up on some of these hoopties. Not to mention they throw 24s onto some old POS whose brakes probably were that great to begin with. A little mechanical to go with all the bling would make me think a lot better of that show.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
eazyrider_tim: I think you are missing everyone's point. We aren't saying that we want them to drop in a racing motor like they do on TLC's overhaulin. I'm just saying apply some basic tuneup skills and make sure the vehicle will keep running. Maybe put in a replacement engine that is the exact same as the stocker. But what good is it to spend $20k on looks if the poor sap can't pay the $2k or $3k to fix an engine or transmission. That's the furthest thing from "pimp" if you ask me. The idiots on "Pimp my ride" are almost as bad as the rice rocket *******s who put a fart can on a rusted out Civic and think they can hang with a 2005 Mustang GT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts