Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago i built a 2001 ZX3 focus to race circle track/dirt track/ hornets/ enduros, and "beater-x" (kind of like rally cars, but on a dirtbike/moto cross track)

this year i bought a 2006 ZX5 and in 2 weeks i turned it from a street car to a race car all by myself, including bending and building the roll cage

i also just bought a 2000 4door focus that needs a motor, and a stripped ZX3 parts car that im piecing together for a 4th race car, i also have TONS of parts. there is a 2008 4door that ive been considering buying for a race car too.

let me try posting some pictures from photobucket...

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
Holy $h**, good thing your kahones brought you back down to earth!! lol, seriously, this may be my new favorite picture of a focus ever! Props man! [headbang]

Also, all your pictures are working [thumb]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
nice that's pretty bad ass.

what welding process did you use for the cage? I'm just curious... looks like it didn't get enough penetration but thats the super critical analyzing person in me. cage looks sweet though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy $h**, good thing your kahones brought you back down to earth!! lol, seriously, this may be my new favorite picture of a focus ever! Props man! [headbang]

Also, all your pictures are working [thumb]
Thanks, ill try to post some videos after work

nice that's pretty bad ass.

what welding process did you use for the cage? I'm just curious... looks like it didn't get enough penetration but thats the super critical analyzing person in me. cage looks sweet though.
thanks, i used my ESAB migmaster 250 (wirefeed) ill take some more pictures

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
Thats pretty awesome! Would have loved to swap the front end off the newer focus before you did that to it though. lol But those are some sick pics man.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
found a video.
Focus at 1:35

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
People throw "race car" around here quite freely and when I open the thread I'm usually disappointed but with yours you litterally throw around your RACE CAR. Nice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
People throw "race car" around here quite freely and when I open the thread I'm usually disappointed but with yours you litterally throw around your RACE CAR. Nice.
Hek yeah, that's awesome!

I really wanna get into late model dirt track racing in the next couple years, it sure isn't cheap though! My GF's dad's name is Steve Barnett he races (late model dirt) for Tony Stewart Racing along with Steve Kinser (World Of Outlaws) and Smoke when he has time. Smoke's my favorite Nascar driver and I feel very lucky to have got to meet him/have some beers with him, since 2009 every year at "The Prelude" in Eldora, OH.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts