Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its leaking between tranny and metal plate on the bottom , picture is dark , is that the freeze plug above crank, its wierd this car only has 90.000 miles ,i relpaced housing last year and have had it off twice today already, thank you for your help , im a 350 chevy guy and this is my wifes car

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Damn that's leaking. Hope it's just a hose. Check all around that housing. Good luck brother. And yes I have 2 spare motors and 4 svtf.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the coolant is below the housing right now, , ive checked and checked hoses, will check rear hoses again tomorrow, i just put a water pump on it last weekend, friday the wife said it was running hot, changed thermostat this morning and drove car home then noticed the leak, right away i thought it was the housing. thx for help

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
How did the O-ring look on the housing? I know sometimes the inner lip the gasket sits on gets broken, even on newer ones so the water seeps.

I know your probably checked, but you never know, kind of grasping at things here without looking at it. It's clearly leaking from somewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the oring looked good, the housing is a year old , the coolant level now is below the housing and its still leaking so its either a hose or freeze plug, but the hoeses on the back of the motor are hard to get in there and see

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update; i think what happened after having t state housing off yesterday 3 times let coolant into bellhousing through slave cylinder hose grommet on bellhousing, it leaked about 12 hrs had about 1 or 2 oz of coolant in pan. Thanks for your help , maybe someone will have this problem and you 2 can help.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Not a prob. Glad it was something easy and silly. Please update if something else is found.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts