Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am attempting to install my "blue light" for responses to fire station. Does anybody have a pic of the right side of the interior roof without the headliner in place. My Whelen light has 3 screws that hold bracket to roof. Don't want to drill blindly and put a hole in the roof. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was able to pull back the headliner slightly and see inside. There is a "double wall" on the roof panel. I was able to drill thru the first piece and mount my light. Instead of using the "lighter plug", I ran power wire under the "A" pillar and feed it behind rubber moulding in door jamb. It went right under dash and I connected it to the fuse panel behind the glove box. I tapped into the 20A fuse for the power receptacle and grounded to body bolt under the glove box. Pics tomorrow, raining pretty good here today.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you pull the panel off of the inside of the a piller. I also have to install a blue light and I am not sure how to run the wire. Also by eliminating the plug where did you mount your switch.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pillar was loose enough to fish the wire behind it. My Whelen "dash king" lite has the switch on the light itself. It's an LED light.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay that makes sense. Mine has the switck on the plug. On my old car the power port was in the center console so it was no big deal to leave it plugged in. With the Focus it being between the gear shifter and the cup holders it gets annoying at times when shifting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts