Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 zx3, and after alot of test driving, we decided my iac motor needs to be cleaned out, ive never done this, and im kind of teaching myself as i go, does anyone have a picture or can anyone tell me where its at cuz my car is surging at idle with the ac on, but when the ac's off its ok

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
i think that surging is normal with the AC on, esp in a 4cyl because it puts quite a bit more drag on the engine. I ONLY use mine on the highway because of it. BTW what is the iac?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
IAC = Idle Air Control. Its a sensor just passed the throttle body if im not mistaken. Im not sure it would be causing your car to surge unless it was bad. The A/C should make your car drop some rpms when it engages but it will regain those rpms, then it will fall again when it disengages. But yea, i don't think you need to clean that sensor...

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Clicky Clicky

Also do a search with my screen name and Idle Air and you'll find all my threads that i had concerning my Idling Problem. The IACV is located underneath the Throttle Body in-between the Manifold and the Block so it's a beoch to get to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts