Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some real pictures of my car to show off! It hasn't taken back that special place in my heart that the focus had, but that may change. Perhaps after I finish saving up for a CF supercharge kit.

For now...
I got a 2001 BMW z3 3.0
It has 60k miles now but I knew the original owner and has been in my family most of its life. So far I have installed a custom magnaflow exhaust, intake and a tune. Soon I will be purchasing a coilover kit and new bushings.

The motor is a 3.0 I6 with factory 225 hp and 214 ft-lb [driving]

The interior is a bit dirty.

If you click on the picture to resize it the quality improves a lot. Not sure why the quality goes down when they are downsized...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
New ride is hawt! Congrats!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Great car you got there. A little too much red on the interior but what can you do.

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I love the interior. I think the red is just enough. The seats are getting old though so I will be replacing them eventually. I will probably get a nice aftermarket set since they would cost less and be more supportive than the factory seats. It is nice that they are heated though.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I miss having heated seats! Id keep them! lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
Be sure to check your rear sub frame, they are notorious for separating from the body. Do a search on the bmw forum if your are not aware of this problem.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
very niceee.. hows the handling on them

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be sure to check your rear sub frame, they are notorious for separating from the body. Do a search on the bmw forum if your are not aware of this problem.
Thanks. I have checked the welds on the subframe. It is very rare, but not pretty when the subframes do fail. I have asked local shops and bmw service departments though, and they all have never seen a z3 with this issue. One saw it happen to an e36. Somebody makes a fix fo this that I may look in to if the car ever becomes a track car.

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very niceee.. hows the handling on them
Handling is pretty good, but a bit sloppy. The z3 probably falls a bit short of cars like the miata and deffinitely s2000. It has a nice advantage with its limited slip and awesome torque curve to power out of the corners, but it is front heavy and has too soft of a suspension. It is wonderful for daily driving and going over bumps. I think the coilover suspension and bushing upgrades will transform the sloppy handling it has now into a capable sports car. I do enjoy the handling more than my modified focus, however. It is fun to accelerate from corners and control rear end. Much less understeer [:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts