Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello a little history about my ride. 6 months ago I was sitting at starbucks and I looked at this car and I felt in love with it. My uncle owned one and I told him that if he ever wanted to sell it give it to me I will buy it in a heart beat. Last month they diagnose my uncle with a brain tumor he had surgery and they diagnose him as having cancerous brain tumor. They declared him legally disabled. What made me upset and happy to hear the ending was teh following. Once he was out of his surgery his best friends where there he friend Mike 1 hour after surgery after we all heard the diagonisis his friend Mike told him that since he was disabled and he had no leg movements and pretty much he was in diabled stage if he could have his car. I almost punched this son of a Bi$#$# for telling my uncle that. My uncle said nope that car if my gift to my newphew John so he can remember his uncle Joe. He deserves it since he loves ford focus and I believe he will take care of the car. If I were to die today I want him to have the only thing left in my life my house and my car. I cried and just hugged my uncle and I told him that he was not going to die that he will live a long time. One Friday morning 2 weeks after he surgery he drove the car with out permissons from my grandma and he ran into a curve cause his legs do not work. At that time my grandma called me they gave me the title and signed paperwork and they let me have it. Since that day I have been taking care of this car. Anyways that is the story of how I got this car for free and as a precious gift from my uncle. I sold my Ford contour after that and gave me uncle all the money i got for my car for his Chemo therapy. So my next question will be what are some things I can add to this car to make it look cool? I am not a racer, I love to keeps things pretty much original, but I love to look cool.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
All depends on your wallet. Simple things everyone usually ends up doing are clear turn signals and grille or nightshading. They can be found on ebay. Euro tail lights. Also ebay. You just have to buy a good set. You could invest in some headlights. It may just be the picture, but yours look a little fogged up. There are a few decent brands on ebay, but the better ones can be found here in the Buy/sell/Trade forums. Just go to the top right of this page and click Marketplace and you'll find tons of good stuff. Someone's selling some SVT Mach HID's for a preety good price.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
WOW. Great Story.

If you want I've got a clear grill and some mach-a-like projectors I can get to you for cheap.

Good luck with the mods!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
sorry to hear about your uncle, glad he was able to get the surgery and all..but there are alot of things to do to your focus...looks, performance, suspension..options are endless...but i would definitely get a nice suspension set up, intake, exhaust for starters

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
turbo it with a fat 5inch dump tube out the side of the front bumper. lol

GL with it though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
mirror caps.
and...
WOW that car holds alot of emotion. sry to hear.
but the memory will never fade.

·
Spunky!!!
5,730 Posts
nice story about the car and the meaning.
sorry about your uncle.
glad your're a member of the FF Family! [^]
goodluck with whatever you do.

keep it clean. [^]

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
A good inexpensive start on the looks would be niteshading your in-grill signals and front bumper signals. That will go a long way in cleaning up the front end

And welcome to the site! [ffrocks]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts