Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, heres some pictures of my custom Vortech Install on my 02 SVT Focus.

Header lowered, powersteering line disconnected, coolant log modified.

Power steering relocation bracket. The 4 hex screws are where the power steering pump originally was. It only moves the pump maybe 1.5" down and .5" towards the front of the car. Thats it. I don't see why people REFUSE to buy a Vortech because of this step. :roll:

Relocated on the car.

Very rough mockup. You can see in this picture I DID NOT NEED to modify any of the power steering line. Yes, clearance is a bit tight, but its 100% safe and works perfectly. I have the parts ordered to redo the line though.

Me seating the fuel injectors with the standard issue Ford Tool.

My buddy Chase stole the camera. I think he took this pic because he's worried his 2005 Pontiac GTO will lose to me very very soon. We already raced Saturday night. :twisted:

Yet again...

Incomplete engine bay.

Here you can see alot of things. The temporary intake I have on the car (mandrel bends are in the mail) first of all. Next you can see my custom made Blow-thru MAF conversion. NOTHING is stock in that charge pipe. I used a 2.5" mandrel bend (upgrading to 3" when I put my FMIC on), silicone couplers, as well as the stock SVT MAF in the stock tube, with the addition of a Diablosport MAF.ia.

Another shot. In this picture you can see the stock power steering line still in place (runs parallel with the driveshaft), custom intake, blow-thru and charge piping, as well as my DIY catchcan (below the throttle body).

Yet another shot.

From the other side.

Close up.

All done.

The tune is from Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions Automotive. It's a dyno-tune off of a Procharged SVT Focus he did within the last month. He edited it for the difference in piping length, compressor wheels, lack of an intercooler, my shaved head, etc. The tune idles and cruises at a PERFECT 14.7 AF ratio.

WOT it pegs my AEM Eugo Wideband at 10:1. I am still working on leaning it out, but I have literally ran out of adjustment.

Initial impression:
I LOVE it! Mid range you can just feel the power difference. Up top in the RPM band she just SCREAMS. I can be in 4th gear at 75% throttle at 80mph and pull harder than all motor, 3rd gear at Wide open. Down low is good as well, even though it has to rev to boost. It's not like our little 4 cylinders are made for torque anyways. Once I get my WOT AF ratio correct as well as some form of cooling I will be hunting the big dogs.

I currently have a few races lined up:

325fwhp SRT-4
2005 Pontiac GTO
Contour SVT with forged 3 liter, GT28RS turbo
2002 Trans Am WS6

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
now that you have done that .....gove the ol girl a good engine bay detail....k? [;)]

·
Registered
649 Posts
ohh man, sweet. when she's all put back together post a video somewhere for us

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
sweet but i think u may loose those races two...... but then again who knows........ good luck on those races and keep us updated on how those come out....... and congrats on boostin your ride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts