Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YA I do custom stuff for fun. When i was unemployed a few years back I was making a living doing this type of work.Thank you for your interest.
This shifter is extremely comfortable and gives you more leverage. I have 2 twelve year old walnut trees that were cut down for a fence years ago...this shifter is cut from one of the trunks...that explains the nice rings. it is mounted to an extra shift nob sleeve.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Nice work, very interesting...

Glad to see you weren't scared off by those people in the other thread lol

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
that looks cool

iono if its something id do. but its creative

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya good eye SLVRbullet,you are right on.the pics are compliments of my son Alex at Greenraystudio.com

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
def not what i was picturing, it kinda looks comfortable but how is it when trying to go through the gears fast?

i lol'd when i saw the mods got rid of the 4 pages of our rambles of this thing

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i like it... don't think it fits with the focus... but in an offroad vehicle i think that would look and fit pretty nicely... that's neat

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Finally some pics! Definitely worth the waiting.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Not at all what I was expecting - looks like a wooden version of a Hurst shifter. Probably real comfortable in the hand, what with the thumb and finger indentations and all.

And the polished and dinged shift-pattern desk looks really cool mounted there - like an old coin pulled out of a shipwreck.

I agree with nov173 about it not quite fitting a Focus, but I'm wondering if a blue shift boot might help bring the overall look together a bit...

Still really cool, and if you like it - that's all that matters.

But thanks for FINALLY posting pics!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
looks really nice, but i was definitely expecting just a ball of black walnut.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Wow, at first glance I thought this was a joke and someone photoshopped something together in response to the original post we all tore apart, lol. Upon a second look, I realized that it's actually shaped to fit your hand. Wow. Looks like a lot of work, but it does look pretty amazing. Again, nice touch with the little shift pattern disk placement. And I also agree that it would probably fit a little better with some 4x4 or Jeep of some sort, but nonetheless, amazing work. Oh, and almost forgot, my compliments to your son on the pictures, very nice.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks , thanks, ofcourse I love it, and in person it really gives the interior a different look.
It works extremely well. I made a prototype and drove with it for a day before I made this second one. It is off set to the right of center so it does not hit your knee shifting into reverse.
It is also tilted down to the right side to fit the natural reach of your hand, this also gives you a better grip when down shifting. I was considering a black plastic or black enamel..but I love black walnut, its like leather in extreme temps..it always feels good.
Shifting is a different experience with this , especially when rippin through em.
Thank you again, I just bought this car a month or so ago and have been upgrading it since. ITS FUN, love doing J turns in the snow.
Soon as the weather breaks I will be constructing a ram air box for my CAI filter that fits up against the back of the front lower grill. Did ram air on my Cobra , and what a difference it makes up over 50 mph.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
too bad the shift boot doesnt sit a lot lower. or it'd look super old school. but i still dig it.
way to go on the work

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
that looks pretty good....i guess we will have to call of the riot guys. sorry mabey next time.

·
Registered
305 Posts
flipin sweet! like a pistol grip, it must feel so natural.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
actually, more like a t handle.
a psitol grip is straight up and down. (and a hoar to powershift with.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts