Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the title says it all... I've had this baby for almost 4 years and I am bored with it... I know it's a great looking car, but it just doesn't get me excited and make me feel proud anymore when I look at it. I was thinking of doing a graphic in black on the side, but I need your suggestions... I'm thinking totally in terms of exterior looks here.

and BTW... I'm not messing with the engine anymore. An AEM CAI and header-back aftermarket exhaust system are enough for me. I also just replaced my fuel filter yesterday, and I recommend you do also!

Attachments

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
The only thing I would change on it is the front bumper. Maybe go with a euro front bumper. Graphics wouldn't look good with what you got going on IMO. But that's just me.[:)]

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
agreed, my first thoughts while lookin at the pics was "change the front bumper." that bumper just seems a little to extreme for the rest of the car...it's got a great look goin for it, but the bumper just seems out of place. too many lines/curves on the corners of it (the bumper that is). definately go euro.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I love it, even the bumper. I might suggest some red Ford emblems, cant remember the sight that sells them. Perhaps an Invader CF hood. Or, if you've got alot of cash, lambo doors.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Maybe get a CF hood with a gel coat, and paint it in a similar manner as your current hood, only leave the center part (black) alone, so you have that lovely bit of Carbon Fiber peaking out.

A new Wing might be a option too, SVT or otherwise.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:

Rieger RRX 2 Front Bumper
What he said. That's a HOT bumper. I was going to suggest fog lights, but thise bumper kills two birds with one stone.

Also, a nice, cheap, final touch is to get color-matched FORD ovals. The most common way, and it surprisingly looks very good is to buy decal overlays that mimmic a stock emblem. they last for years, and no one can tell the difference. then you will have only chrome and black on the entire outside. That's how my RED Ranger EDGE was and it was sexy.

Other than that, I know it's hard to stop...but don't over do it. you've got a very nice, clean ride...keep it that way! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah man your whip looks pretty good...but go euro with it :)....euro cars are the best!!! another idea is maybe shave the rear hatch and side moldings?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
bag it. that will add to the look of the car, plus make it more fun to drive while being able to turn heads at the flip of a switch.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i know you said you didn't want to do anymore to the engine, but i think if you got a throttle body you would love it.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
2 toned would look good on your car..black roof to match your hood, would look hot, and i know you cant realy see it from the outside..but ive always loved the eap svt leather seats..when you get in your car, its like a total transformation...good luck on whatever you do [thumb]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I love that front Bumper.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:

Rieger RRX 2 Front Bumper
^^x2

That's got to be one of my favorite bumpers on the Focus, along with the R/S Collection & SVT of course [thumb]

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
shave the handles and the side moldings, mold the midwing on, get some custom side mirrors that dont wtick out as far, paint the chrome of your headlights gloss black, yellow foglights and a new front bumper, move the spray nozzles to the roof.

if you really wanna go balls deep try this- at the backside of the front fender when it starts to go down start to flair it out and accross the side skirts then start to mold back into the stock rear fender. kind of like a custom lower wide body kit. or have the trunk open to the side. or have the rear window be able to roll down

1 - 20 of 40 Posts