·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
well a relay is cheap , why not just replace it and see what happens

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Is this a bad starter relay?
You, me and Superman can not look at a relay in order to determine if it is good or bad. It must be tested.

Partial quote below is from your other thread.
The most common method of testing a relay is to swap it with another EXACT type relay and see if the other system works OK -while using the suspect bad one in a known good system... and vice verses.

Other more sophisticated test methods exist.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You, me and Superman can not look at a relay in order to determine if it is good or bad. It must be tested.

Partial quote below is from your other thread.
[:)][:)][:)][:)] it marde, looks like a hack job to me. I opened the little thing up. Everything looked fine on the inside. But screw it I will just buy a new one.

Marde, the final time I got to start the car up before i brought it home and then it never started again. When I use to start the car. It would take the car forever to fire up. But what if, when I was starting the car. The engine was already running. And I was still turning the starter to start the engine? Would that has caused this problem. Cause like I said, you can hardly tell the difference between starting the car and it running lol. It runs like shit.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
But screw it I will just buy a new one.
Learn how to use a DVM and save yourself some money. No sense in buying a relay before even testing it (and the whole system). It is or can be easy. Seriously, please do some searches for "how to use a multimeter" or "how to test a car fuse" or "how to test a car relay" or "testing car electrical systems 101".... how about a few youtube videos on those searches?

...And I was still turning the starter to start the engine? Would that has caused this problem...
Nope. Because you would still hear the starter do something. AFAIK, your starter is dead silent when trying to start it. NO, that does not mean your Starter is Dead! Again, if you could only do those DVM tests I told you about in the other thread. If you learn and do those tests properly, someone here can help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts