Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Looks like my gf is going to pick up this one turbo focus i found for her.....it has Roush turbo set up on it....which is great.....but slow in stock form

Anyways....she obviosly doesn't care for turbo on the car......Which she wants to give it to me........for free [headbang]

So here's the thing.....and i know some of you will say its stupid...
But her focus has only 140,000km on it....and mine has 240,000km on it.....

Now what i wanna do, i want to swap turbo set up......physicly it shouldn't be hard.....but about ECU?? how will i deal with that? would i have to tow both cars to some tuner to return one to stock and another get tuned for Roush? please help......also i'll be checking my compression on my focus shortly but i am considering to put a new engine one it......and not we won't switch cars.....i like my 4 doors better and the color and the leather interior and the list goes on......

Basicly me swaping turbo....and how to tune her car to stock and mine to Roush?

thank ya'll

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you may just need to swap ecu if the codes match!! that would solve all ur problems!!

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^I agree. or you could just swap all the wireing harnesses and computer from each car instead of the whole motor but thats alot of work. Would'nt a dealership be able to flash it back to stock for you for cheap. i think they would even put a newer 04' tune on it?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Yes, they can do it, but it won't be cheap!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well what about an ECU reset, would it revert back to a stock tune or would it pick back up the Roush tune?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
^^I agree. or you could just swap all the wireing harnesses and computer from each car instead of the whole motor but thats alot of work. Would'nt a dealership be able to flash it back to stock for you for cheap. i think they would even put a newer 04' tune on it?

Yes they can and its only $50- $70

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Well what about an ECU reset, would it revert back to a stock tune or would it pick back up the Roush tune?
That only clears engine codes. It will revert to the roush tune, the stock tune no longer exist anywhere in that cars memory.

The car should come with a tuner. SCT or Predator check on that and if so the stock tune can be loaded with those tuners.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
That won't work. The Roush tune would still be on the ECU after the reset. Contact Tom and see if happens to have a stock tune lying around for that car.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so basicly i can just take out ECU box that is located behind glove compartment, bring it to Ford , get them to reflash it back to stock. Install it back on former "turbo focus" and should be good for stock set up? Correct?

For my ECU i see that i have to send it to Roush to get it flashed. Right?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
THE CAR!!! DUH, LOL, the girl can stay too!!!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
FF Affiliate
30,930 Posts
so basicly i can just take out ECU box that is located behind glove compartment, bring it to Ford , get them to reflash it back to stock. Install it back on former "turbo focus" and should be good for stock set up? Correct?

For my ECU i see that i have to send it to Roush to get it flashed. Right?
No you have to take the Focus to Ford to get the computer reset then I would just get a custom tune on the one getting the turbo

Tom

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No you have to take the Focus to Ford to get the computer reset then I would just get a custom tune on the one getting the turbo

Tom
you're right...custom tune will be better since stock Roush tune is waaaay to safe and puts the car only like to 160whp

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you're right...custom tune will be better since stock Roush tune is waaaay to safe and puts the car only like to 160whp

haha, I'm there already there NA!!! lol I know u'll have fun w/ that kit!!

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^yeah but he'll have alot more TQ but I hate you guys [rant] [joke] I want 160hp at the wheels I guess I'll have to make do with 120hp [V] [dunno]

mlbbaseball your exactly 1 sec faster than me in 1/4 lol so all I need is an extra 40hp lol that'll be easy [B)] [;)]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts