Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After days of contemplations and hours of anguish figuring out what i am going to do. I have finally bit the bullet and bought an SVT. I am pickin up my car today, i will post pictures as soon as i have it back home safe and sound (not after a good run through the canyon :) ) Well thats all, i can't wait.
matt=

·
Registered
732 Posts
congrats on your new ride man, have fun with it. Tell us what you think of it when you get back,if you like it, if you like how it handles, ect [thumb]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Man, I'm jealous. I really am. I've been wanting one ever since I test drove one. Good luck with your car and have fun!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Congrats......I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine......[:D] They are fun little cars.

·
Registered
829 Posts
you live in topanga canyon? omg what are you doing just getting a focus now! you will have the time of your life on that road with that car...god im jealous![:(] chick and R&D you have to see that road to believe it! dont wanna date myself here but i tore it up in '89 in a brand new rental (0 miles) dodge shadow coupe, one of the first cars with an airbag.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Does sound like a interesting Road, Let us know your thoughts after you drove your new SVTF through the Canyon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use to run Topanga and Mullholand on bike back in High School. Haven't been in those canyons in atleast 7 - 8 years, but I bet they still kick ass! Use to run Ageles Crest in college, another good So Cal road. Now, in Silicon Valley, all I really have is Skyline. I was up there all the time on my bike, haven't had the chance to take the SVTF up there yet. But the way it handled 17 down to Santa Cruz, I'm sure it'll be a blast!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys woah nice! Peopel who know topanga. Yes it was a blast to take the car throught the canyon. I went up the valley side and came down the coast side. So much fun, i cant tell you how exited i am to have such a cool car. Took pictures should be posted shortly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I still lived in the Valley, I'd be cruising over Topanga on a regular basis.

Just for grins, how about cruising the west end of Mulholland Highway (out by the Rock Store), or even Decker Canyon? I bet the SVTF does great on Decker. [:D]

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well here are the pictures, i am still not sure about the tail lights yet, but they are growing on me. They are the Ford Racing lights, they came with it. I love this car. I have been following foci since 98 when they came out in europe...and now i finally have one! Yes i am now seeking out roads to venture out on and test this baby out.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Topanga Canyon? Must be in Cali, right? From what y'all are describing it sounds like fun. I'm kinda far away for that. The mountainous roads here suite me just fine[:D]
Oh and your SVT is super sweet.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yah i am not sure about the back lights either. They are still growing on me. I figure since they came with the car, i can easily sell the lights and get stock tails and still have money left over to put towards the stereo. :)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Whoa. Those tails look like something straight outta the 50's. Not my cup of tea. Looks out of place on a Focus. The rest of the car looks terrific, though. [thumb]

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking at the tail picture i posted, the lights look worse than they are. Yes still a bit ricey, but they are still growin on me.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Definately dump the tails for stocks, but the overall car is awesome, what was the final pruchase price?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got the car for 12k. With 14k miles on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts