Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a 2001 Se sedan this week, 1600 bucks. 151k km. new brakes, new rockers, keyless, and ac.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Does not look bad at all for $1,600. Is it a stick or auto? Sticks are better in the snow.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Beauty for that kind of money.
Why cant I find another one like that???

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
DAMN, $1600 for a zetec sedan with 93k miles? Looks to be very well kept too! That isn't a "beater" lol. Good find, and have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
looks good. picked up my beater last year

00 ZTS 5 speed w/ 112k km for 1600

everything worked but the AC, but i fixed that with a $0.25 o-ring and then recharged the system.

only thing im iffy on with your beater is that PS line looks like it could burst at anytime. but for 1600 you got a good deal and the body still looks good.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Everything seems pretty rusted on that car... maybe it's just me because mine doesn't go out in the winter.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
looks good man I just got my winter beater too it's a 2000 zx3 for $400 needs more work than yours though lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks good. picked up my beater last year

00 ZTS 5 speed w/ 112k km for 1600

everything worked but the AC, but i fixed that with a $0.25 o-ring and then recharged the system.

only thing im iffy on with your beater is that PS line looks like it could burst at anytime. but for 1600 you got a good deal and the body still looks good.
Yeah the ps line is something Ill replace. Im sure there will be a couple things that pop up, but the body is solid, which is something you dont see much of in atlantic canada for a 10 year old car. Especially one for under $2k. I might have been able to hold out for a better deal, but at least this way ill have all kinds of time to find cheap parts if I need them and get it geared up the way I want it.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Good find. Are you gonna flip it at the end of winter, or are you gonna keep it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well turns out it wasn't all peach and cake with the car. Got it almost to my friends house last night and the temp gauge went up to mach one. The coolant overflow was full and bubbling from the overflow/return line coming off the thermostat. We let it sit and got it home to my buddies place. Let it cool and tried it again to see whats up. Its not bubbling anymore but still overheats. The bottom radiator hose isnt getting hot so we are going to replace the thermostat today and see if thats problem solved. Also there is a humming swishy sound coming from the front end when turning left that I have yet to diagnose because of the poor weather last night. Its nice out tonight though. also noticed my driver side low beam isnt working. I want to try and get a safety inspection asap so I can see if theres anything else wrong. Work in progress :) good thing winter is far away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts