Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
well, you know. I've been painting for about 3 yrs. But never chrome, I just remove chrome, lol.

So, tbh, I'm not 100% sure, but going by all the experience, it's best to sand as it adds to the adhesion.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
My buddy who ran the metal cast. Wet sanded every coat just about. I think he laid a final coat over the last one and took nothing away from the chrome, shiny effect.

·
Registered
16 Posts
mike i watched the clip i understand what they mean by not sanding. the valuve cover they used was chrome so if you sand it you will see the scratches thuough the transperent metalcast. but correct me you are strating with plastic right. and then i would lightly sand. but not sand after you put down the silver base.

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
mike i watched the clip i understand what they mean by not sanding. the valuve cover they used was chrome so if you sand it you will see the scratches thuough the transperent metalcast. but correct me you are strating with plastic right. and then i would lightly sand. but not sand after you put down the silver base.
ok, this is the answer i was hoping for asnd understand. so, i will just sand with 800, use the adhesion promoter, silver base, then red, no clear, and no sanding. Thank You[cheers]

·
Registered
16 Posts
no problem man glad i could help like i said eairly do apply all the coats with the recomended window meaning, usally one day or a couple of hours this way all the coats can chemicaly melt togheter

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yea, it says let dry for about 3 min between the silver base and red

21 - 26 of 26 Posts