Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple as that. I'm going to buy some off eBay and want to see pics of them on a silver car...or any car...in either the chrome or black housings. I'm getting the clear/chrome one as of now on Monday and some 8 or 10K HIDs. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I would like to say go with black housing. Why?
I had have projectors with 5K HID and chrome housing and from my experience I saw that the chrome housing spread the light badly. Now after accident I bought new lights with black housing and I hope they will not do that, but till i get my car I'm not 100% sure...

And one more if you will not have projectors + 10K !! HID, somebody will shoot you for blinding others on the road :) j.k

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
he already said he was getting projectors....anyways eric you should look at Luis's car this weekend, i may be able to dig up a picture of his before he has the eyelids as well

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
found this one elsewhere...i think black would be best for silver personally...maybe some dual exhausts? lol

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Get chrome to match your clear corners.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
or tint teh corners [;)]

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not going to tint the corners. I like the clear look. I think I'm leaning towards the clear/chrome projectors to match the rest of the car. I just don't think the car would flow with the black housings as nothing else on it is black, but thats why I want pics of the black housings on a silver focus..I might be completely wrong.

And my other concern is that I've heard some people say that the chrome housings didn't like the HIDs and bounced the light everywhere.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
The problem with chrome housings is the light glares off the bottom chrome section of the housing.
With black housings, this is non existent, believe me, I've had both.
Black housing headlights look really good on light colored cars also.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Close to silver? No?... Oh well :)

And this I found on cardomain:

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Im mixed on this. Chrome with clears would look very nice, but black would be a nice contrast, and it would look HAWT!
(stole this from some other thread... something about a tractor)

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I say chrome on your silver Eric.

The black will look good but the only black on the entire car is the gloss on the mirrors and the fog light housing. Hell even your mesh for the grille is silver, I think it will just clash.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Eric, Mary says "chrome, THE END."

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
^^ I hate black, and when I get rid off my Focus I will buy black ST only because of that picture ;)))

I tried with different picture...:

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
go black. it looks pedestrian with chrome. it makes me thing of toyota or something when i see the chrome headlights. going black gives it a classy/aggressive look.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i don't know eric...after seeing all these cars with the ebay projectors...i don't really like the black, they look cheap or something...i personally think you should just paint your stock ones black or get the chrome and color match them...

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Color match might be cool. I usually say black but on your car I dont think i would. Not with the SVT wheels and other accents. I would also not go above 800K for the HIDs.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eric, Mary says "chrome, THE END."
As much I don't want to upset Mary, I think we've decided on the black housings. I do think the chrome housings would flow better with the car, but I'm just worried about the funtionality of them. And by that, I mean I don't want to worry about the light reflecting off the chrome like so many have said. Plus, I like the aggresive look of the blacks.

but the only black on the entire car is the gloss on the mirrors and the fog light housing. Hell even your mesh for the grille is silver, I think it will just clash.
I'm going to tint the windows at 15% soon and I think it'll look good with the housings. Plus, I'm tossing the idea around of a black painted grille and am def doing a red pinstripe...like this.

Color match might be cool. I usually say black but on your car I dont think i would. Not with the SVT wheels and other accents. I would also not go above 800K for the HIDs.
I thought you had 10k? You don't like them?

i don't know eric...after seeing all these cars with the ebay projectors...i don't really like the black, they look cheap or something...i personally think you should just paint your stock ones black or get the chrome and color match them...
The whole point of getting projectors is to run HIDs the right way. I just don't see myself getting new headlights and tearing into them. Plus, how do I know that the HIDs won't discolor or ruin the paint if I did do that?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts