Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pic of someone that has the bonnet locking latch for the hood for euro grilles.

and also to the people with the bonnet, what do you use to unlatch it, is it just the your car keys, because it seems like the key will not reach the bonnet.

thanks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i think the only key to unlock is the ignition key[dunno]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
correct, the key for the hood latch is the same key that is used for the doors and the ignition.
the euro key is not fat like ours they are skinny post looking things. IMO, waay to small. they look like they can break very easily.

there are pics floating around here somewhere of a great shot with the key in the grill with the cover slid out of the way.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.

i have seen one pic a long while back of a us foci with the keys hanging from the grille, but no where to be found. im actually hoping for a pic of a top view with the key in. on my foci, it seems to me that the key will not reach. im wanting a bonnet latch but i kind need to see what is looks like before i start looking around for one.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmm, your euro grille key entry is different than my euro grille. thanks for the pics btw. is it any way possible you can have aerial view of the whole thing?

here is what im worried about. im worried that the key wont make it to the lock, by the looks of the bonnets i have seen for sale.

i have also found out that my Ford car key is shorter than my Strattec key.

Here is the Bonnet that im looking at getting, i wonder if thats what i need:

·
Registered
117 Posts
im englsih i have a focus... do u want a pic of the key in the lock with it open?

·
Registered
117 Posts
i tried to get the best pix i could without taking the grille off as my tools arent here...

my little key :)

hope these help.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats perfect thank you.

if i have any questions i will ask you. rep point given.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts