Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and found nothing. Can someone please do me a "solid" and pop off your engine cover (if equipped) and shoot a pic?
I am trying to figure out where the engine cover "posts" go. There are two black and two white from what I understand and need to know which ones go where.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't have an engine cover on mine, but you can always ask the old guy Google a question like : "focus 2012 engine" and choose "photos".

·
Registered
251 Posts
Btw,

not sure what the purpose of your post was, but just a heads up if you're planning on adding an engine cover to your 2012 Focus, I would avoid it because the Titaniums are no longer coming out of the factory with them (possible issue with them overheating because of the design of the cover?).

·
Registered
772 Posts
Btw,

not sure what the purpose of your post was, but just a heads up if you're planning on adding an engine cover to your 2012 Focus, I would avoid it because the Titaniums are no longer coming out of the factory with them (possible issue with them overheating because of the design of the cover?).
More of a rumor about the overheating. Mine came with one, no problems with heat in 100 degree days.

It was likely a cost cutting move early in the game. It probably took extra steps of the plant to make sure only Titaniums got them, and that factory worker had to do an extra step on only certain cars.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Please stop propagating the rumour about heat issues. There aren't any. They cut costs, simply put.

·
Registered
747 Posts
is the mounting different on the SE's?

on my Ti there is one bolt that holds the cover on and its right in the middle of the cover

·
Registered
548 Posts
My vehicle LITERALLY overheated on the first day, and since then I haven't given a shit that it didn't come equipped with a cover.
Vehicles prior to a certain date had them, they no longer do.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Did a search and found nothing. Can someone please do me a "solid" and pop off your engine cover (if equipped) and shoot a pic?
I am trying to figure out where the engine cover "posts" go. There are two black and two white from what I understand and need to know which ones go where.
Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if this will help, but here's some detail shots of the posts installed on the valve cover bolts. The black post is front right and the two white posts are left side (facing the car) front and rear.

·
Registered
788 Posts
duplicate

Is anyone else experiencing very slow response time when navigating the forum. Unless it's a slow Comcast connection. It's been that way for me for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's the site itself, it was down for maintenance a little while ago too. A lot of times the page just hangs after trying to make a reply.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Please stop propagating the rumour about heat issues. There aren't any. They cut costs, simply put.
+1+
As I and others have already posted, after installing an engine cover, I haven't seen any increase in engine temperature. The temp gauge needle was and still is just below the half way mark. The benefits, a cleaner looking engine compartment and less engine noise.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
duplicate

Is anyone else experiencing very slow response time when navigating the forum. Unless it's a slow Comcast connection. It's been that way for me for a couple of weeks.
I had given up several times. The pages will be perfect and fast for short times, and then go back to dragging and never loading.
Almost like a Denial of service attack.
I am hoping it is a temporary phenomenon. Right now fast as can be. Hoping it stays this way!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was experiencing problems as well ... definitely not my ISP / connection.

The Mods (Tom?) are migrating FFanatics to a new server, to enhance performance. If this morning is any indication, then I'd say they were successful. I've never had FFanatics pages load so fast.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/announcement.php?f=121

Thanks Admins!!

[cheers]

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes everything does seem to be moving much faster than before

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
788 Posts
duplicate

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Now, back to the regularly scheduled topic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you 2012 Silversel. Just what I needed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help, but here's some detail shots of the posts installed on the valve cover bolts. The black post is front right and the two white posts are left side (facing the car) front and rear.

Aren't there four posts, three long and one short? I am considering this upgrade myself for my SEL.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts