Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing my new PIAA silicone wiper blades, I applied a silicone windshield treatment to my windshield. Since it's rained, the water has beaded up and rolled off the windshield.

I'm wondering; if I wash my car (e.g. sudsing up the windshield with soap and water), will the water not bead up on my windshield anymore? Would washing the windshield cause the "treatment" to be removed?

Or what o_O

·
Registered
527 Posts
good question ive been wondering myself. waiting for someone that has had experience before.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i had the silicone wipers. It worked when it rained, but then you wash your car and it comes off. The silicone sucks. I still use the wipers but with out the silicone. The first wash you do it comes off because you scrub. I recommend staying with something like rainx that can be reapplied, its cheaper.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I put mine on a while ago - maybe 6 or 8 weeks, wash the car weekly, and it still beads. When it finally stops beading I'm just going to put RainX on...

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have always used the rain-x washer fluid. it's pretty awesome, and reapplies every time you use your washers.

lucas.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you speak of Rain X are you talking about the windshield wiper fluid? Or a certain windshield treatment?

And, is there any specialized Rain X for silicone blades (to make the water bead up), if so what's it called?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts