Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide if I want Piaa Extreme white bulbs or the Super Plasma gtx bulbs? I was hoping to get some feedback on the two different bulbs? I was originally going with Silverstars but after doing some reading on the boards I am worried about lifespan. Also for anyone using the Piaa bulbs on an 05' did you have any harness problems?

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I ran the PIAA Extreme White bulbs, but they lasted about 7 months. I was none to happy about that, after $65 or whatever a pair. I had no electrical/wiring issues at all, so who knows. Maybe I simply got a bad set. I replaced them with the Silverstars. They've been in the car ever since, and although they're not as "white" as the PIAAs were, at least these are holding up.

Personally I think the pattern of our stock headlights suck..I don't think I'll ever be happy with any bulb, but I may try some Hoens next time around. Just my 2 cents.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
the piaa xtreme white bulbs are nothing special and not worth the 65 dollars in my opinion. They look like stock headlights, but on the road are slightly whitier. Are the super plasma gtx the purple ones? My friend had them in his fog lights on his spec v and they were kinda purple. I hate to say it but the APC lights that they had to discontinue manufacturing cuz they were too blue and bright were the best headlights I had seen. I have HID's now, so I am happy. They are pricey but very cool.

To conclude, I would avoid the PIAA's and go either HID or something or even silverstars. They too look stock but are about as bright as the piaas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got in the set of Extreme whites and I find they are quite a bit brighter but I hoped they would have a tiny bit more blue to them. I guess i'll order some of the Nokya bulbs everyone talks about on here and try those out too. I've only seen the Extreme whites in my carport during the afternoon today i'll have to see how they look at night I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.