Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is in the right section!

I've currently "finished" modding my 08 2.3 Ranger (lift etc) and now I'm onto the wifes focus!

I just ordered the Saleen wheel/tire closeout from Massive Speed, but I photoshopped them in for now. (Kinda sloppy, but was excited :p )

Other 'shopped mods are black headlights, painted grille, and painted mirrors. I wanted to know if anyone had some tips for easily getting the mirrors silver, as well as the grille. The only other mods I might do are the Focus Sport lip, but its outrageously expensive for what it is, and a spoiler. Trying to do as much as I can on a small budget (grown-up life gets in the way...grrrr.)

Before:

After:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Ligts and grill yes Rims Eh and the paint matched mirrors are a no

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, look pretty sweet :D you should try black rims, too... I guess. eh those look great though
My orig....erm...my wife's original choice ( :p ) was black wheels, but that massive speed sale was completely unbeatable.

@Bambooburnr: Why not the pained mirrors?!! I just thought it helped pull it all in.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I've never been a fan of paint matched mirrors thats all. Not sure why Maybe Ive just never seent hem done right

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Don't forget the shorty antennae. Don't listen to them I like color matched mirrors if they're done right. I know that I<3myzx3 did a pretty good job on the shells of his not too long ago...maybe give him a holler

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
With the mirrors don't paint match the whole mirror...just do the mirror caps. I personally think that'll look better.

As for the upper grille...i'd leave the mesh black and just paint the trim.

Other then that those are some good plans for the car.

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
i was going to suggest the blacked out section too! the other thing is dont paint the entire mirror silver just do the caps (look at svt focus mirrors) that would look better IMO otherwise i think it looks sweet!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Like it... get clear corners

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Yep, you can go to auto zone for color match paint and like home depot for plastic primer and black gloss paint for the lights, and ebay for nite shade for the side markers. They come out really nice-check it out:

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
yep yep, just paint the mirror caps. as for the grille, you could always buy an st grille as they made the st in silver, if you don't want to deal with the "chrome" crap. as for the blacked out lower section, i've got the center of the lower section blacked out, like focizx4st's but i did that center horizontal peice as well. looks great.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Good plans man. Colormatched mirror caps and black housing headlights are the way to go.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
I can't believe you guys mentioned niteshade without a word of my how to.....i am very disheartened.

Do no buy duplicolor its known for not matching alot of colors i have seen. Go to a paint supplier and have them mix you a color coded setup. They can do it cheaper and will have a 100% match vs duplicolors iffy bit.

For the niteshade there is a how to i wrote look it over as it will give you the best results if you look into it.

And remember when painting...prep, prep and MORE PREP!! it's all about prep work.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts