Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. Im considering getting my wheels painted black at a local shop to match my car but I would like to see what it would look like first. I tried to use tire rack but it just isnt the same. So if anyone knows how and would be willing to photoshop my wheels black it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Sorry I don't have photoshop but I could see them looking great painted black.

Could I recommend that you powdercoat them instead of painting? They are more durable and you have a thicker application typically. Powdercoating usually runs about $75 a wheel in any color you choose and any finish (matte, satin, gloss, black chrome). So it's up to you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
[poke]if you post this in the photo and camara section you will get people willing to photoshop for ya i just had mine done last night!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I don't have photoshop but I could see them looking great painted black.

Could I recommend that you powdercoat them instead of painting? They are more durable and you have a thicker application typically. Powdercoating usually runs about $75 a wheel in any color you choose and any finish (matte, satin, gloss, black chrome). So it's up to you.
Thanks for the info! I think powdercoating was what the shop was offering, I just didn't really know the difference between that and painting. Good to know!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[poke]if you post this in the photo and camara section you will get people willing to photoshop for ya i just had mine done last night!!
Ok, cool. I will do that, thanks![:D]

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
wow nice shop job.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I kinda want my Polished Alloys painted black. How much $$$ are they asking from you for such a job?

Tint the head and tail lights just a bit, too, and you'll have yourself one badass looking ride (not that it's not already awesome).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much! Looks awesome!

I kinda want my Polished Alloys painted black. How much $$$ are they asking from you for such a job?

Tint the head and tail lights just a bit, too, and you'll have yourself one badass looking ride (not that it's not already awesome).
Price is around 75-100 per rim. I've already tinted the the tail lights, thinking about the headlights soon.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Personally if I were going with black wheels, I'd take that chrome strip under thw windows to black as well. But that's just me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts