Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends were bored so we decided to do a random photoshoot. Please excuse the dirty cars (except the 240, he washed it today lol). Didnt wash since it rains almost everyday. Believe it or not, im the oldest out of all of them (turn 20 next month).

Photos are by no means professional, but constructive criticism is welcomed [cheers]

Onto pics!

Some info on the vehicles

Civic - Bought new in 04. Swapped it to manual last march. The touge monster.

240 - Bought it just as you see. Swapped in S15 seats. more upgrades this week.

Type S - Also bought as you see (minus wheels). Gonna KPro this week.

300ZX - Bought built, but neglected. Repainted factory color with black roof, hatch, shaved antenna. Traded his Racing Harts for the Volks.

Focus - Yours truly. Gotta start somewhere right? Im gonna start with upgrades that are most wanted just in case i sell it ( I have a fully loaded 98 Eagle Talon TSi my brother and I are working on.) But if i keep it, i want to keep it all motor or sc, swap in a getrag, and build it more for touge than straight line.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
nice rides, pictures could have used a little bit longer exposure due to the low light esp that last one... but they seem nice

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
A UV filter would be beneficial aswell. I'm still learning to, I take my brothers canon D20 all the time and have been slowly getting better. Nice collection of cars, 240 looks rather nice.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, as for that last picture, the shutter was open for 30 seconds. there was zero light coming from where i took the pic lol.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Thanks, as for that last picture, the shutter was open for 30 seconds. there was zero light coming from where i took the pic lol.
Long exposure pictures are my favorite. You should try near a street so you get head/tail light trails. I always really liked that.

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
that s14 is sexy

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i like the 300zx....... and the civic is nice for a civic....

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
all very nice. it seems as if youre outnumbered by imports on the island..

·
Registered
188 Posts

Shoot "bulb" on your camera (considering it does), set your camera to P - program mode, or Tv - shutter mode and one more click past 30" is bulb. click your shutter to open it, and it will stay open until you click again. Set up on a tripod sometime and shoot the stars. click it open and come back 3-4 hours later and click it shut. Just make sure it is way away from city lights.

Nice shots btw... I like the series, nice spot and good framing. Last one would have been good - exposure was just too short.

Reactions: Kauai Guy

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
i like the last pic. if you get that picture redone at dusk when you have an orange sky for a background...........

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
nice 300x very cool.. foci NEEDS LOVE!

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shoot "bulb" on your camera (considering it does), set your camera to P - program mode, or Tv - shutter mode and one more click past 30" is bulb. click your shutter to open it, and it will stay open until you click again. Set up on a tripod sometime and shoot the stars. click it open and come back 3-4 hours later and click it shut. Just make sure it is way away from city lights.

Nice shots btw... I like the series, nice spot and good framing. Last one would have been good - exposure was just too short.
Yeah, all the shots were done in Tv mode. I dont know how to use the full manual programming yet. Also, thanks for the tip! +1 rep for you! I never knew there was such thing after the 30" setting.

·
Registered
175 Posts
looks like you roll with a nice crowd. lol my buddy had a s13 and wow ka-t 20 swap. i think lol but yeah niiiiiiiiice pics

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice cars and good pics think i have a weak spot for the s13's!

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My friend with the s14 had a CA18det S13 before he got the s14. That thing was a deathtrap though.

The wastegate was dumped right in front of the brake booster, no interior, they deleted the moonroof with sheetmetal and body filler, no a/c. worst yet, it was BLACK. That thing was an oven. when he pounded it heat would shoot up from the shifter.

But yeah, i roll with kool guys. we dont act bad or rev at people. Its honda country over here. if you have a honda, youre gonna get called out, revved at, etc. almost ALL the honda guys act bad. Instead of being kool and asking about the cars, they rather do burnouts in front of my friends house [dunno]. Thats okay, they only do straight line. we got the mountains hahahahah.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts