Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snapped some photos with my good buddy (Scion TC) and my girlfriends little brother (Jetta). All done with a Kodak point-n-shoot and a tripod. No photoshop on any of the pics. Enjoy!

Some individual shots....

And some videos....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good job on the pics [thumb] love the sound your car makes!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
AWESOME [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing turbo sound.

also love the TC, my buddy has one and they sound great.

-gabe

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Think I'm going to film some in car stuff this weekend.

My friend used to have a custom magnaflow on his TC; just didn't sound good for whatever reason. The new exhaust he has in the video sounds great though. The Jetta has a 2 1/4" Magnaflow exhaust with resonator on it.

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
That tC looks familiar. Is he on ScionLife at all? I swear I've seen it before...Do you know the specs of his old Magnaflow? My tC has an axleback Magnaflow which is really quiet compared to doing a full catback. I was thinking about just getting a custom job done to finish out the exhaust. But now I might not.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That tC looks familiar. Is he on ScionLife at all? I swear I've seen it before...Do you know the specs of his old Magnaflow? My tC has an axleback Magnaflow which is really quiet compared to doing a full catback. I was thinking about just getting a custom job done to finish out the exhaust. But now I might not.
He may be on ScionLife; He's into the online community like I am here. His old setup was 2.5" from the S-pipe back to a magnaflow muffler after the rear axle then to the tip. It was not like the version you can buy from Magnaflow; more of a custom job. It was nice a deep while cruising but got really raspy and bad sounding when he got on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Like they said, your car sounds good. I'll have to look for your threads on that one. Hope you posted about the XR too, I love those things. The tC looks good too, and seems to run OK. Not much for VWs though, and that one is a little 4x4. Looks like you guys had some fun!

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
Huh. Interesting. I may just have to go for a whole system then. I don't really want to end up with a lot of rasp if I go custom. Thanks for the info!

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope you posted about the XR too, I love those things.
I did make a thread for the XR when I first got it. Need to get some current pics of it because things have changed for the better since then.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
I'm diggin' all 3. tC's are the only Scions I like. That Jetta is clean as piss, too.

And good lawd @ how loud your blow-off is. Lol.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Ive always like those tc's very sporty looking and some minor mods makes em look real sweet.. very nice

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We all try to keep simple and clean rides.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
love the VW but i would tell your buddy looks like his e-brake or some kind of lines hanging down from the bottom of his car.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
love the VW but i would tell your buddy looks like his e-brake or some kind of lines hanging down from the bottom of his car.
Yea; been that way since he bought it. Now that it's lowered we should probably try to zip tie it out of the way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts