Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered an NX system and am looking to install it sometimes next week. I am pretty confident about the whole install (read the install instructions about a million times) but I cant decide where to place my buttons.

I will be having 3 buttons: bottle heater, remote bottle opener, and a arming switch. I am thinking of a couple of places where i could put them.

First place that came to mind was the bracket of the installation kit for my aftermarket radio i usually have cds there but i could make a plate with buttons and fit it there. Second place i was thinking of was in the middle console close to the shifter or cup holders.

And the third idea I had was on my door. I have a two door and only have two power window switches, and there is some space below the power window buttons. If i would get small buttons i think it would work.

I would appreciate some input on this, and pics would be great.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
i put mine on the bottom of my steering column so no one can see them and they are really easy to get to.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any pics?? Cant really picture it. Wont you hit that with your legs when u get in and out of your car??

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
no i dont have any pics of it, it is just on the bottom of the plastic part that wraps around the column itself right behind the wheel.. but i dont hit it with my knee im to short, lol.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went out to my car and checked i don't think that's for me I am 6'4 and might hit it by accident, and might break the switch or turn it own by accident. Also with my bottle warmer, I kinda want to have it in sight so i can always tell if it is on or off when i get out of the car so it doesn't stay on and do damage. Thanks for the suggestion though Turbo Turtle

Any other suggestions?? Preferably with pics??

·
Banned
47 Posts
I used to have some switches on the dashboard just to the right of the steering wheel before the vent. I had three evenly spaced there. its easy to access and easy to see.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Turbo turtel: yeah 6'4 is not the most convenient seize for a small hatch back, but i gotta say the focus accommodates me pretty good.

@ Baracuda: Do you have any pics of your setup?? And was the dashboard ruined after u took the switches out again, that is one more concern that i have, i don't wanna drill holes into anything that's expensive to replace, because i probably wont keep this car forever. Good suggestion though i will look into that.

Any more suggestions anyone??

·
Banned
47 Posts
@ Baracuda: Do you have any pics of your setup?? And was the dashboard ruined after u took the switches out again, that is one more concern that i have, i don't wanna drill holes into anything that's expensive to replace, because i probably wont keep this car forever. Good suggestion though i will look into that.
well, I never took them out. I just left them in for whoever buys the car(for sale currently) to do with them as they wish. they dont look crazy tacky, so its easier all around to leave them in.

Here:

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
haha, put it in the roof, that way you can't accidentally hit it!! lol

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
it would be just like elanor!! just like 50x slower!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just got an old fuse cover and drilled it and stuck my switches there... and then when i wired it all up i got an accidental secret with my rear defrost button!!.. nothing works unless you turn it on!! whoops...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I would put the "go baby go" button where the cigerette lighter goes... and just hide the other 2.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well my original idea was to put it right under my radio, got a bit of space there. But after finding out that Nitrous is now illegal where i live (Ontario, Canada), I decided to hide them a bit better and, like a couple of people already suggested I put my buttons right on the Fuse cover. I will get my Nitrous system tomorrow and will make many pictures and maybe an how to later if i have time. Wish me luck, only thing I am scared of is the wirering, never wired anything, but I will get it to work somehow. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts