Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 5652 Posts

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Most of the semi / amateur photogs out there ... are trying to get into the game of the pro-level and making a living of this.

So alot of those people do not like sharing their tips to others who will potentially take away their business in the game.

When I went to a seminar with Joe McNally he put it as ... when you find yourself doing a gig not because of your passion but to make the client look good in any situation they want for money on your off day ... you are pro. LOL. And I kinda agree. I do alot of gigs for the sake of the client not my own creative thoughts. My thoughts are not valid when it comes to the Corporate guys. They set up the scene, I just make them look good.

Anyone can sell photos. But can everyone market themselves after the first couple of sales and maintain a level enjoyment alongside a level of daily life living?

I would consider you semi-pro. You aren't doing it full time yet. Until then ... semi-pro is your status in my eyes.

And definitely ... if you come down I would be glad to have a photog walk with ya. [thumb]

-Ray-

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Yes and yes. As well as my Vivitar 383 OCF. Heavy, heavy Photoshop processing too. My background was white paper and the texture was showing through so I has to de-noise it a TON! I need to get me some muslin...

What internet browser do you use? If you use Firefox or Chrome there are programs you can DL that let you view something called "EXIF" data. The EXIF data gives you all the information about the setting the picture was taken at.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nafpfdcmppffipmhcpkbplhkoiekndck
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/exif-viewer/

Actually, since those are on FlickR if you go up to "actions" at the top and click, there should be an option "view exif info" and you can get it there.

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts
Yes and yes. As well as my Vivitar 383 OCF. Heavy, heavy Photoshop processing too. My background was white paper and the texture was showing through so I has to de-noise it a TON! I need to get me some muslin...

What internet browser do you use? If you use Firefox or Chrome there are programs you can DL that let you view something called "EXIF" data. The EXIF data gives you all the information about the setting the picture was taken at.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nafpfdcmppffipmhcpkbplhkoiekndck
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/exif-viewer/

Actually, since those are on FlickR if you go up to "actions" at the top and click, there should be an option "view exif info" and you can get it there.
Damn. I need to get better with Photoshop then. That's awesome. Lol any filters used in the mazda or truck picture with the guy holding the keys?

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Damn. I need to get better with Photoshop then. That's awesome. Lol any filters used in the mazda or truck picture with the guy holding the keys?
I'll post it again so you don't have to keep clicking back and forth.

IMG_9306-2 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

I used a circular polarizing filter (CPL) to knock out any reflections from the windshield. I would recommend getting one of those as well because it's one of the only filters that you can't replicate in post processing. Doesn't have to be expensive. I think mine was like $30...it's a Tiffen.

The truck one is entirely post processing.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Have to have a polarized lense for car shots! a must.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Have to have a polarized lense for car shots! a must.
If you can't find one at the moment ... or afford one ... Minor HDR is another way to keep the sky and the car with in a good exposure.

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I like your Ford Racing Logo shot ... but I felt it is too shallow of DOF. Maybe back up a bit or raise your aperture to better get the whole logo.

-Ray-

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
If you can't find one at the moment ... or afford one ... Minor HDR is another way to keep the sky and the car with in a good exposure.

-Ray-
True...I was just saying for the gentleman asking about the glass.

I like your Ford Racing Logo shot ... but I felt it is too shallow of DOF. Maybe back up a bit or raise your aperture to better get the whole logo.

-Ray-
I kind of like keeping things out of focus....reminds me...of me.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
^^ Nice ... logo placement.

-Ray-

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
14,399 Posts

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
That is so sick...where is that at???

also I noticed we use the same camera, any pointers, lenses you use etc....i take good pics but i think they could be better.
That's the underside of the Bob Kerrey pedestrian bridge in Omaha, NE. Crosses from Omaha to Council Bluffs. I've got a couple more pics I'll post tomorrow. I was there at sunset yesterday and the colors were just phenomenal.

Regarding the XS. Don't go above ISO 400 or you'll see it. The Rebel doesn't handle high ISO well at all. If you feel like your camera feels a little light and cheap-plasticey I suggest you get a BGE5 battery grip. Gives the camera a whole new feel. All I've got for lenses are the 18-55mm kit lens and the 50mm f1.8. The 50mm rarely ever leaves my camera, it's that sharp. Great value.

New picture from today:
The traveling memorial wall came to Omaha today:

IMG_6230-2 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

101 - 120 of 5652 Posts