Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 5652 Posts

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Too bad ... I like the shot and it almost throws me off a bit because it looks like the Mazda and the GMC are competing for the main focus of the shot.

-Ray-
I shot at a relatively high aperture focused on my headlight to attempt to get the GMC OOF, should have raised the aperture more I guess... There's always next time.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Or either move yourself closer or moved the Mazda.

That's why I like Primes. They teach you how to move and get the composition.

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Now this series is good. I like the focus of the GMC ride.

The photos look like a story board for a commercial.

Nice.

-Ray-

·
Registered
96 Posts
this was my first ever attempt at a hdr taken in my back yard. there was traffic in the background thats why there is "ghost" cars.

please give me advice on how to do it better next time

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Just need to watch your levels and how the shadows and highlights affect colors. Looks like the shadows were lightened a little too much because the sonic blue looks a little to soft in relation to all the greens bright color.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yea it does. I really like using photoshop shadow and highlight adjustment function. Can really make an "HDRish" image by using that function. Take my the two pictures of my dog here. First as it was when it came off the camera. Second using only shadows and highlights function. World of difference for not only bringing in the grays in his coat, but also the browns. I just really like the effect of the second one. But should darken it up a little bit lol.

IMG_5889 by audiostank, on Flickr

HDR Zam by audiostank, on Flickr

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I used to be scared of the curves function.... Now I love it. Used that to fix the image above to more like the real thing.
Posted via FF Mobile

edit: I mean my image above... Lol

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
MMM ... M3 on the Dyno.

BeatZX3 ... I actually liked the photo prior to your edit.
Your new edit darkens the bottom the SVT and you begin to lose the lines that separate the SVTF from the Grass in the shadow.

For your next shoot ... get in closer and lower and really put the car in the shot ... Your shot makes it look kinda small and not the main focus of the shot. Things like the Power Lines, grass and pond are fighting for my attention when I look at it.

-Ray-

·
Registered
96 Posts
BeatZX3 ... I actually liked the photo prior to your edit.
Your new edit darkens the bottom the SVT and you begin to lose the lines that separate the SVTF from the Grass in the shadow.

For your next shoot ... get in closer and lower and really put the car in the shot ... Your shot makes it look kinda small and not the main focus of the shot. Things like the Power Lines, grass and pond are fighting for my attention when I look at it.

-Ray-
thanks the location was terrible i just wanted to try doing a hdr picture and my back yard was the closest spot.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
All good. Practice makes perfect no matter where you are at.

Your Avatar has a great crop of the photo. You could trying cropping the photo like your avatar as well.

-Ray-

61 - 80 of 5652 Posts