Focus Fanatics Forum banner

241 - 260 of 5652 Posts

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Nice photos AdmiralZX3, but the only problem I have with the continuous light of hot lights like those ... is the varying color temperature and the fact it doesn't match with the daylight temperature.

Your shots are a bit contrasty and the girl is orange. Focus also seems to be off from the girl and on the bike. Try using your back focus lock as oppose to your shutter focus.

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
AvieF .... lol your talent is tired of you taking photos ... [;)]

If you want to get more into and save some money ... this goes for many of you peeps out there shooting during the day ... get a reflector. Won't believe how much better a reflector can do for you in the day.

Just reflect some of the day light at your subject and it will make him/her really pop.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I just found those and are ones I did pre CS5, havent taken time to go back and 'fix' them. Thanks for the advice! All I had was some work lamps, gotta work with what you got.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Totally understand ...

I think a reflector or buying some blue CTB gels would help you get closer to sun temp and make a nice full color photo the next time.

-Ray-

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
AvieF .... lol your talent is tired of you taking photos ... [;)]

If you want to get more into and save some money ... this goes for many of you peeps out there shooting during the day ... get a reflector. Won't believe how much better a reflector can do for you in the day.

Just reflect some of the day light at your subject and it will make him/her really pop.

-Ray-
yeah I think you're right lol and thanks for the tip [:)]

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
I sold my DSLR a few months ago, and deeply regretted it this past weekend.

Here are a few from my trip to Charleston, SC taken with a point and shoot.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Something my wife bought me ages ago.

I decided to pull it to the side and do a small little photoshoot of the guy to make my Facebook avi.

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
mix1983, nice shots of the military display of machinery.

-Ray-

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered my Sigma 10-20mm this morning! Can't wait! C'mon Adorama, ship that sucker!

Hope I get a good copy and don't have to deal with returns and shipping...
Thanks for your Adorama order! If you need any after-sales support, don't forget that I'm only an email away: [email protected]

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I was cleaning my lenses and had them layout ... and decide to take a photo of them.

Minus the lens that was on my camera when I took it.

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Quite a bit honestly ... and it doesn't have my camera I was shooting with nor my second camera or the lens I was shooting with. I am actually missing some lenses from this shot ... but that's because those are at home and I was cleaning the ones in my current bag.

Still Photography is not my hobby ... so I definitely put alot of money into it. But thankfully I have budgeted my self in a way to pay for things like this and still make a living.

I also have a few large strobes ... but again. I was just cleaning the current bag I was carrying.

BTW: my equipment is a collection of over 3 years. So, I didn't just buy all of these in a month. lol.

Just one gig at a time.

-Ray-

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Big $$$.

So yesterday I got a Facebook wall post from one of my brother's friends that is graduating from HS next year... It says his mom wants to know how much I would charge to do his senior pictures.

1. I've never done setup portraits before
2. We went through a family friend to have mine done a few years back so I don't know realistically how much they cost.
3. He is african american and I don't know if there are different rules for dark skin. (NOT racist)
4. That's freakin' scary!

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Um ... it all depends on what you are doing for them. I assume on-location shooting.

Some where out and about.

Senior portraits range from 85-145 an hour with a minimum of 2 hours. Price depends on equipment and photographer skill. When I do portrait shoots I charge for a sitting fee and prints separately. But I also give out one free 11x14 canvas print with sitting fee cost.

I suggest with you, being you are starting out. Let them know the going rates. But Don't charge them a sitting fee for being your first client. Show them proofs, small with your logo. not to small but small enough to not be able to print from and your logo big enough to bother anyone but not take away the subject of the photo.

And ask them to just buy prints from you. Now ... make sure you are making a profit on the deal.

I can send you an email with a price plan on prints I received from another photographer.

You also need to find a good print shop to print out your photos as a member. Just let me know.

Are you thinking about jumping into this more as a career move ... ???

If not ... then you can ignore all of this pricing stuff. Do it for fun, take the shots and have the client pay for prints at print costs. It can be a hassle once you turn it into a career.

-Ray-

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Oooo a proof book is a good idea. I have my prints done through Mpix and have always been happy with them, but I don't think they have proofbooks.

@tukani. I would love that pricing sheet email. I have a place picked out. A local park, lots of photogs use that place. During golden hour of course.

I was thinking doing $100 or $150 sitting fee (I can't see it going over 2 hours but if so I'll deal with it then) and then prints through me. Probably include an 8x10 or something. I'll have to ask my mom how much we paid the guy that did mine. I would think it would be comparable.

I await your email! Lol.
Thanks.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I know that MPixPro does have a proof book ... I am not sure about the standard setup.

I will be sending you an email here shortly.

-Ray-

241 - 260 of 5652 Posts