Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks....weird thing happened....after having the Gen 2 Ford Sync/MFT update to 2.11, now when I receive a call from someone in my phone address book, instead of it saying "call from Mom & Dad" it says "unknown name/unknown number?" Any ideas what may have happened? Before the update, whenever someone who was in my phone contact/address called, their name/number and if I had assigned a photo to that contact, it also appeared on the MFT screen?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have the Droid X? It is a known problem with the Driod X that many people talk about on syncmyride.com. I have one and it did the same thing to me. All I had to do was a master reset and it worked perfectly agian.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the Droid X? It is a known problem with the Driod X that many people talk about on syncmyride.com. I have one and it did the same thing to me. All I had to do was a master reset and it worked perfectly agian.
Hi, thanks for taking the time to answer. The phone I have is an HTC Desire Z phone, running the latest Android software/hardware version. As far as the master reset, are you referring to a master reset on the phone itself or on the SYNC/MFT system?

·
Registered
37 Posts
On the MFT system. I didn't pull the fuse or anything, just went through the display to go back to the factory settings.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Finally got my contacts to work with hands-free dialing today. Have a Samsung SCH-i510 (Droid Charge) and for some reason MFT would not recognize names.

Today, deleted the phone book and tried downloading again. Same issue, so deleted it again. Did an 'Add Contact from Phone', then (from the phone) did a Send via Bluetooth and everything worked perfectly. Even have associated pictures now (which weren't there before).

Today is a happy day!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
did a Send via Bluetooth and everything worked perfectly. Even have associated pictures now (which weren't there before).
I've got to try that today! Mine works, but I'd prefer pictures if I can get them...

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've got to try that today! Mine works, but I'd prefer pictures if I can get them...
Let me know how it goes.

I was totally ecstatic to hear "Do you want to call Home or Work?".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts