Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing a set of new grilles and headlights (inspired by zx34me). I think that these pictures are by far the dirtiest pictures (not that kind of dirty [:I]) I've ever taken of my car. I haven't had a lot of time to wash it lately as I have been busy these past couple of weekends.

I installed the following:
Chrome Projector Halo Headlights
Hofele Upper Grille
European Lower Grille
Nite Shaded Fog Lights
European Front Plate

I have my halos connected to a switch, the two side vertical lights are my city lights, and I have wired up the four top LEDs as my turn signals. All I need to do now is do the "high/low mod". Now that I have the chrome projectors, I may put my clear fog lights back on because it will probably flow better. Though I think that the nite shaded fog lights go pretty good with the darker lower grille. Let me know what you all think though [thumb]

Now that I'm nearly finished playing with the front end, it's time to do the rear [}:)]

Before:

After:

Night Shots:

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
looks good. those nite shaded fogs are pretty cool. what plans you got for the rear?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I like the changes, those headlights look good. How do you feel the quality was on those? Car is very nice, i like it

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I like the changes.. But I could go either way.. THe headlights look AMAZING... but as far as the grills... I had no problem with what you had before....

Either way, Brad...

You do a good job [thumb] hehehe

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
wowo very nicely done brad, you do a good job with your car. and those headlights are amazing lookin! as well as the upper grille

what are you doin with the rear? the bumper from goat or what?

·
Registered
278 Posts
i have thoose same lights. your car looks awesome. what kind of bulbs do you have for the side lights? i want to change the ones that came with it but i dont know what size.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
upgrade!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
That looks really good Brad, nice additions..... those headlights look perfect on your car.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
love the headlights..... that ride looks awesome

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
phoenix, those look awesome, whatd you do with the svt headlights you had before....i want em!

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
focuson03 said:
looks good. those nite shaded fogs are pretty cool. what plans you got for the rear?
I'll be tinkering with the rear trunk handle trim piece to make it look somewhat 'euro'. I'm attempting to 'shave' the emblem off of the trim and 'shave' the recess on the trunk lid so it all flows well. I like how the front grille is badgeless and I would like the rear to be badgeless as well (and not just painted over).

I'll be working on the trunk lid itself to see if I can make it match my carbon fiber hood. But that will be a huge project in itself because no one actually makes a carbon fiber trunk lid for the sedan :(

I may also be getting the F2 RS Rear Bumper in the near future. I really like how that looks :)

Volcom8234 said:
I like the changes, those headlights look good. How do you feel the quality was on those? Car is very nice, i like it
I thought that the quality was very nice for something being sold on eBay. All of the wiring was really simple (Mostly because I've tinkered with the wiring before) and the lighting quality is very nice. And... they look a lot like HIDs :)

CrazyMatt said:
I like the changes.. But I could go either way.. THe headlights look AMAZING... but as far as the grills... I had no problem with what you had before....

Either way, Brad...

You do a good job [thumb] hehehe
The only problem I had with my previous grilles is that it seems that a lot of people have the clear upper grille whenever I'm at G2G's. I don't know of many Focus owners that actually have the Hofele Grille and I think that'll stand out a bit.

You'll never let me live that down though will you? :D

Klondike said:
wowo very nicely done brad, you do a good job with your car. and those headlights are amazing lookin! as well as the upper grille

what are you doin with the rear? the bumper from goat or what?
I changed my mind about his bumper and I'll probably be going with the F2 RS Rear Bumper. After seeing is on ztecpower's ride, that reinforced my decision. So sexy ^__^

You and Matt are not gonna let me live that down are ya? :D

kharazmatik said:
i have thoose same lights. your car looks awesome. what kind of bulbs do you have for the side lights? i want to change the ones that came with it but i dont know what size.
Hey thanks :) I changed out the 4 top blue LEDs with 4 chrome amber bulbs which are 194 because those are my turn signals. The top-most side light is also a 194 bulb and I bought couple of Silver Chrome Super White bulbs. The bottom-most side light is a 1156 bulb, and I bought a couple of Silver Chrome Super White bulbs for those. I usually get my replacement bulbs from AutoLumination and I replaced the high and low beam bulbs with H1 Silver Stars.

BlackNRed01 said:
phoenix, those look awesome, whatd you do with the svt headlights you had before....i want em!
They aren't actually SVT Headlights, they came that way since I bought it. They have the gray housing, while the SVT Headlights have the black housing. They are sitting in my garage though. I must say though that they have had a pretty rough three years :D

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and opinions. It helps me to do a good job [thumb]

Cheers!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I love those Niteshaded fogs. So sexy!

·
Registered
651 Posts
The car's lookin' good bro! [thumb]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts