Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to change up the stock lighting a little bit. Got Philips Diamond Vision 5000K bulbs for the low beams. Put Optilux Extreme Yellow bulbs in the fog lights. Got about $70 in the 4 bulbs, and am pretty pleased with the look. Definitely better than stock.

I read in a few different places about replacing the fog lights. Some say go in through the wheel well, some from under the car, and some from the top. The top was super easy. After removing the 2 bolts per headlight, slide those out, and you can reach down to the fog light bulbs and change from there. Since I was already taking the headlights out to change those bulbs, it was a no brainer to do it that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wanted to change up the stock lighting a little bit. Got Philips Diamond Vision 5000K bulbs for the low beams. Put Optilux Extreme Yellow bulbs in the fog lights. Got about $70 in the 4 bulbs, and am pretty pleased with the look. Definitely better than stock.

I read in a few different places about replacing the fog lights. Some say go in through the wheel well, some from under the car, and some from the top. The top was super easy. After removing the 2 bolts per headlight, slide those out, and you can reach down to the fog light bulbs and change from there. Since I was already taking the headlights out to change those bulbs, it was a no brainer to do it that way.
I have used the Optilux fogs, but the bulb life was too short for me.
I bit the bullet and swapped to PIAAs. They are yellower, brighter, and haven't burned out yet.

I like those Philips bulbs. I may give them a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts