Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
It's a sticky...
I'll leave it up at the top for a couple more weeks.

I got an email confirmation as well.
At least we can verify that it's a relatively "official" petition. [;)]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Seems like this may be more of a FIA vs. Speed Channel confrontation than them dropping it for viewership or to make room for other programming...

The FIA is legendarily greedy. Probably saw the rising viewership and asked a ridiculous amount for TV rights.

Of course, the more we pressure Speed Channel, the more they can justify paying the price!

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
Hmm, so this could be Speed's way of telling the FIA to take their charges and shove it up their... yeah. I'd be interested to find out the truth as to the true reason behind no FIA progrmaming. I think you're right, though. It doesn't make a lot of sense that not just the WRC was dropped, but all FIA programming is no longer scheduled on Speed.

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
This thread was started the 20th of this month at about 3,500 signatures thus far. It is now Jan 28th and there are approximately 13,125 signatures so far. I figured it would have begun to increase much faster as more and more people saw it, but it seems to be following a consistent rate. On average, we're getting roughly 1,000 signatures per day. In about 50 more days then, we should expect to reach the previous petition amount of 65,000 signatures.

So, any updates as to whether or not Speed is behind the listing cancellations or if the FIA is?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Done, #14484

21 - 40 of 95 Posts